Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

VL3 I have no sound from AMP

I bought my dad the Voice live 3 last year. I hooked it and we had vocals through the PA and Guitar through the AMP he used it for around 8 months like this. I recently bought him a recording program and he decided to move everything to a quiet space. We hooked everything back up he has vocals through his PA but no sound from his AMP.

I have his guitar plugged into the Input guitar IN jack . His AMP is plugged into the output Guitar R jack. His vocals work fine so I wont explain where those are plugged in.

Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong. He has become so frustrated with it that he doesn't even want to try recording anything any more
Tags (1)
JulieCombs Contributor - Level 1 02-08-2019

02-08-2019

VL3 I have no sound from AMP

I bought my dad the Voice live 3 last year. I hooked it and we had vocals through the PA and Guitar through the AMP he used it for around 8 months like this. I recently bought him a recording program and he decided to move everything to a quiet space. We hooked everything back up he has vocals through his PA but no sound from his AMP.

I have his guitar plugged into the Input guitar IN jack . His AMP is plugged into the output Guitar R jack. His vocals work fine so I wont explain where those are plugged in.

Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong. He has become so frustrated with it that he doesn't even want to try recording anything any more

Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: VL3 I have no sound from AMP

Some things to try,

Firstly, are you sure the guitars plugged into the right hole.?
secondly...are you sure the guitars plugged into the right hole.?

thirdly...It's the bottom one,not the top...That's the "thru" port.

fourthly. Maybe to do with only having the (R)ight signal of a Stereo output only.? swap the left and right output over to see if sound comes back.

fifthly(wish i hadn't started with the whole "numbers" thing...) Does everything work as expected through headphones ? Does signal readout light up etc.

6) The guitar lead works...right? Amps working..Guitar ?
7) Press the "setup" button,tab one step to the right to get to"output." They all set right in there ?
8) Press the "Home" Button,twiddle one of the four little knobs beneath the screen,Everything turned up in there ?
9) Seriously though, The amount of times it's 1,2 or 3....

Give some of them a try,might narrow it down a bit. Smiley Happy