Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

VL3 constant metronome changing with preset

Hi all,

I just picked up a used VoiceLive 3 and I'm having trouble getting it to do something I thought would be a no-brainer.

My plan was to feed metronome to our drummer while I sing and trigger pre-recorded loops. I'm setting up presets in the correct tempo with pedals on the vocal layer triggering the loops. This is an exaggeration, but ssentially I want the metronome running constantly through the whole show so I don't have to go in and out of Looper mode to start and stop it, and I want the tempo to change when I switch presets. It seems though that if I leave the metronome on and change presets, the metronome keeps going in the old tempo until I actually trigger one of the loops. Then it stops the metronome as it changes to the new tempo.

Any chance of making this work? It seemed obvious to me. I have presets saved in the correct tempo, linked to the correct Loop slot set in the correct tempo. I would think that the metronome would change to match, but it seems that it doesn't, at least with my current settings.

didger Contributor - Level 1 2019-04-06

2019-04-06

VL3 constant metronome changing with preset

Hi all,

I just picked up a used VoiceLive 3 and I'm having trouble getting it to do something I thought would be a no-brainer.

My plan was to feed metronome to our drummer while I sing and trigger pre-recorded loops. I'm setting up presets in the correct tempo with pedals on the vocal layer triggering the loops. This is an exaggeration, but ssentially I want the metronome running constantly through the whole show so I don't have to go in and out of Looper mode to start and stop it, and I want the tempo to change when I switch presets. It seems though that if I leave the metronome on and change presets, the metronome keeps going in the old tempo until I actually trigger one of the loops. Then it stops the metronome as it changes to the new tempo.

Any chance of making this work? It seemed obvious to me. I have presets saved in the correct tempo, linked to the correct Loop slot set in the correct tempo. I would think that the metronome would change to match, but it seems that it doesn't, at least with my current settings.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: VL3 constant metronome changing with preset

Hey, so as far as I remember once you start a loop the metronome locks. So until you start a new loop by triggering it you won't be able to change the tempo. I might be wrong but I think that's what's causing the issue. I'm not sure how you can work around it with pre-recorded loops tbh but maybe some of the other smart brains here have a good idea Smiley Happy

There's no such thing as too much reverb
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: VL3 constant metronome changing with preset

Thanks for the reply, Cecilie.

It's not ideal, but I've come up with a little workaround that'll be fine as long as I don't run out of loop slots. If I set one of the switches in a preset to point to an empty loop slot set to the right tempo, I can punch that immediately after switching to that preset. Or for songs that won't use any loops so the metronome isn't needed, I can just point it to an empty loop slot with the metronome set to off. If there's a way to set any of the Vocal layer switches to "metronome off" that'd of course be easier, but I haven't found that yet.