Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

VL3: is there a "noise gate" feature?

Ok, so I noticed something a while back.  If I am going through my VL3, lower vocal volume levels are completely cutting out.  I have to sing at a certain volume level, otherwise nothing.

Probably a nice feature, but it is cutting out WAY too soon right now.  I have almost no dynamic range.  And I have searched through all the menus and can't find anything.

Help???

azfatboy Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-13

2020-02-13

VL3: is there a "noise gate" feature?

Ok, so I noticed something a while back.  If I am going through my VL3, lower vocal volume levels are completely cutting out.  I have to sing at a certain volume level, otherwise nothing.

Probably a nice feature, but it is cutting out WAY too soon right now.  I have almost no dynamic range.  And I have searched through all the menus and can't find anything.

Help???

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Triber

Re: VL3: is there a "noise gate" feature?

Hi @azfatboy , 

You should find gate settings if you scroll down in the Tone tab of the setup menu Smiley Happy 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Triber

Hi @azfatboy , 

You should find gate settings if you scroll down in the Tone tab of the setup menu Smiley Happy 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 2

Yeah it was there after all.  I've looked through those menus what feels like a gazillion times.  Didn't realize that the menu scrolled down...  Thanks.

Fwiw, the "adaptive" setting was selected, and it was un.use.able...  I had to just turn it off.

There is a noise gate feature in my mixers (XR18 and/or X32 Producer), so nbd...  Smiley Happy