Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

VL3X: 1/4" guitar outputs

this is probably user error, but I need a "simple stupid " answer. I'm using guitar and mic. Vocal Mike input and xlr from unit to snake. Good sound.
now to give sound guy separate guitar channel. Guitar 1/4 to input....tried 1/4 output thru powered D box then xlr to snake. All setting appear right, all connections seem right. NO guitar sound. If I don't split off guitar....it comes out vocal channel. Need separate outputs to board. Is there a setup to be done that "tells" the Vlx3 to "look" at guitar 1/4 out?? Help!
blessings?
dave
Videoscenes Contributor - Level 2 2017-02-19

2017-02-19

VL3X: 1/4" guitar outputs

this is probably user error, but I need a "simple stupid " answer. I'm using guitar and mic. Vocal Mike input and xlr from unit to snake. Good sound.
now to give sound guy separate guitar channel. Guitar 1/4 to input....tried 1/4 output thru powered D box then xlr to snake. All setting appear right, all connections seem right. NO guitar sound. If I don't split off guitar....it comes out vocal channel. Need separate outputs to board. Is there a setup to be done that "tells" the Vlx3 to "look" at guitar 1/4 out?? Help!
blessings?
dave

Triber Moderator

Re: VL3X: 1/4" guitar outputs

Out of curiosity, what is your output mode set to (Setup -> Output -> XLR Output Mode)?
The quarter-inch guitar outputs have what we call "jacksense" so they can tell when something is plugged into them on their end. Whenever you plug a cable into one of these outputs, it'll remove the guitar from the XLR outputs and route it though these guitar outputs. This means you don't have to tell the VL3X to look at them, however you do have to tell it how to treat them. Go into the Setup menu and on the Output tab make sure Guitar Jacks Mode is set to Guitar. With that, can you test this by just plugging the quarter-inch output into an amp? I'm pretty confident it should be working and there's something wrong later in the chain - possibly with the conversion "D box" you're using.
Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.