Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

VL3X Looping Lag Time

I have noticed that when I create or import a loop to my VL3X and play the loop there is sometimes a slight lag between when I press play and when the loop starts playing. Some songs I have created loops for require me to stop and restart the loop a number of times during the song and it is very annoying when the loop restarts a split second after I press the start button. There are times when the first beat of the loop is missing as well when I restart the loop. Can someone explain this lag time and if there is a solution to make the loops start correctly every time I press play. Thanks.
FrankDiskin Contributor - Level 1 02-06-2019

02-06-2019

VL3X Looping Lag Time

I have noticed that when I create or import a loop to my VL3X and play the loop there is sometimes a slight lag between when I press play and when the loop starts playing. Some songs I have created loops for require me to stop and restart the loop a number of times during the song and it is very annoying when the loop restarts a split second after I press the start button. There are times when the first beat of the loop is missing as well when I restart the loop. Can someone explain this lag time and if there is a solution to make the loops start correctly every time I press play. Thanks.

Triber Moderator

Re: VL3X Looping Lag Time

Hey Frank,

I have one idea that might help...  In the "Looper" menu, there's a "Met follows playback" parameter that you should have set to "On".  I think what's going on, is that you have the metronome constantly running (even if you can't see it, it's going) and if you press the "start loop" commands between beats the playback hesitates and waits for the next beat to start playing.  Telling the metronome to follow the looper's playback will remove this hesitation and bind the metronome to follow the loop, rather than the loop following the metronome.  Hope that works, cheers!

Spencer Larsen - Testing Engineer @ TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.