Contributor - Level 2

VLT2 - is sysex manual available?

Hello the forum,

I wonder if the sysex manual for VLT2 is available online? I could find one for the Voice Live, but not for my device.

BR,

D
Tags (1)
Dmitry1 Contributor - Level 2 02-20-2015

02-20-2015

VLT2 - is sysex manual available?

Hello the forum,

I wonder if the sysex manual for VLT2 is available online? I could find one for the Voice Live, but not for my device.

BR,

D

• 0 Kudos
  • 17 Replies
Solution Leader

Re: VLT2 - is sysex manual available?

Yep, it's attached. We don't typically put them out publicly, but when we do (uh oh I sound like a Dos Equis commercial!) , we give them with absolutely no support of any kind. it's just a courtesy for users who know what they're doing in MIDI/Sysex land.

I'm not sure if the manual I have is completely up to date with the latest firmware, but most of it should be correct.

Cheers,
Craig

VoiceLive Touch 2 Sysex Manual.pdf
Cheers, Craig Customer Solutions Leader - Broadcast & Streaming
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks a lot, Craig!
Contributor - Level 2

VoiceLive 3 also please
Solution Leader

Hi Johann,

it's attached, as just like the other it comes with no support. I know for sure it's not updated to the latest firmware with the new VL3X options.

Cheers,
Craig

VoiceLive 3 Sysex Manual v1.1.00.pdf
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you, Craig!
Contributor - Level 2

Hello Craig,

I want to drive the midi player to VL3X.

In some Midi files every 16 tracks are used, which makes impossible the patch change via CC list to make.

Is there a way to control the patch changes over SysEx Messages and to prevent the reception of CC messages?

Also SysEx messages, as a substitute for the Midi-CC list.

Regards

Johann
Solution Leader

Hi Johann,

Program Change and Control Change are two different types of message. You should be able to filter CC's in the VL3's MIDI menu and still receive PC messages if they're coming from your MIDI files.

Cheers,
Craig
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Craig,

thanks for the answer.
Sorry, maybe my bad englich prevents micht to explain my problem.

I have read the SysEx but komliziert for me to use it.
In the CC list mcht no collision with the MIDI player (. Only CC # 32 - patch change. I wish to over SysEx e.g. Preset # 256 select to select for each Midi file a different preset.
Please help as I can make the if possible. F0 00 01 38 [what ID number for Preset Select e.g. #256?] [how much byte for preset select Nimmer and high or low order?] F7.

Thanks in advance.
Solution Leader

Hi Johann,

Sorry, but this is where Sysex goes over my head and the "with no support" part kicks in. Perhaps someone else in the forums can assist, but I'm out of my depth here.

Cheers,
Craig