Contributor - Level 1

Viscous Vibe is really true bypass?

Hi everybody, i need your help: I buy a viscous vibe, excellent sound, but i have a problem... i have also a diy germanium fuzz face, very very killer machine, and really really clean when i turned the volume down on the guitar. I want to place the VV before the FF, i don't like how the modulation effects sound after the drive section. 
I buy the VV because of the true bypass DIP switching, but i think this pedal is non 100% true bypass, because the FF sounding bad, not-organic, and not clean when rolled volume down on the guitar. 
I'm right? I'm wrong? Did you have some experience in that way? 

Daniel79 Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-04

2019-08-04

Viscous Vibe is really true bypass?

Hi everybody, i need your help: I buy a viscous vibe, excellent sound, but i have a problem... i have also a diy germanium fuzz face, very very killer machine, and really really clean when i turned the volume down on the guitar. I want to place the VV before the FF, i don't like how the modulation effects sound after the drive section. 
I buy the VV because of the true bypass DIP switching, but i think this pedal is non 100% true bypass, because the FF sounding bad, not-organic, and not clean when rolled volume down on the guitar. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Regular Contributor - Level 3

Re: Viscous Vibe is really true bypass?

@Daniel79 wrote:

(...) because the FF sounding bad, not-organic, and not clean when rolled volume down on the guitar. 

Is that with the VV effect on or off? The "true bypass" only applies when the pedal is off - when on, the effect circuitry itself acts as a buffer, and that's valid for every pedal out there, not just TC. It's just how electronics work.

That said, different pedals will have different output impedances, and your FF might not be enjoying the low output impedance of the VV.

View solution in original post

Regular Contributor - Level 3

@Daniel79 wrote:

(...) because the FF sounding bad, not-organic, and not clean when rolled volume down on the guitar. 

Is that with the VV effect on or off? The "true bypass" only applies when the pedal is off - when on, the effect circuitry itself acts as a buffer, and that's valid for every pedal out there, not just TC. It's just how electronics work.

That said, different pedals will have different output impedances, and your FF might not be enjoying the low output impedance of the VV.

View solution in original post

Contributor - Level 1

...it happened with the VV off.

(((((

I must to sell it, unfortunately... thanks for the answer