Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

VoiceLive 3 - Stereo Synth Looper?

Hello, I'm a synth player and vocalist. A VoiceLive 3 just came to my hands and I'm exploring its amazing capabilities!
I know it's designed for guitars, but I would like to know if it could also work as a stereo looper for a synth. From the connections panel I assume doesn’t, but after reading some “feature request” threads is not clear to me whether if this is an actual or a future feature? I need help deciding if this unit is good for me or I should let it go. I would like to use it as a vocal processor and looper + a stereo synth looper.

Thanks so much!
AlexHernández Contributor - Level 2 2017-07-26

2017-07-26

VoiceLive 3 - Stereo Synth Looper?

Hello, I'm a synth player and vocalist. A VoiceLive 3 just came to my hands and I'm exploring its amazing capabilities!
I know it's designed for guitars, but I would like to know if it could also work as a stereo looper for a synth. From the connections panel I assume doesn’t, but after reading some “feature request” threads is not clear to me whether if this is an actual or a future feature? I need help deciding if this unit is good for me or I should let it go. I would like to use it as a vocal processor and looper + a stereo synth looper.

Thanks so much!

• 0 Kudos
  • 5 Replies
Super Contributor - Level 2

Re: VoiceLive 3 - Stereo Synth Looper?

Yes, It can do that.
If you plug your synth into the "aux in" socket,Then you can tell the VL3 to only record the "Aux" when you are looping. The settings are in the looper settings (purple light mode.)

There are no effects on the Aux input though.
Contributor - Level 2

Ok thanks!
Contributor - Level 2

Aux In Output

And what is the output for the Aux In? Mic Output or Guitar Output?
Super Contributor - Level 2

The Aux comes out of the same outputs as the vocals.
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for your reply! That's a shame though. To have a stereo synth and vocals on the same stereo track in a live situation. No soundman will be happy with that.