TCH-Spencer Triber Moderator 2017-09-01

2017-09-01

VoiceLive 3 Update Available (366)

We have finally delivered!
If you connect your VoiceLive 3 (Extreme models too) to VoiceSupport 2, you'll see there is an update available. This is the first VL3 update since build 355 in February 2016. Please check out build 366 and let us know what you think.

Build 366 includes the following:

New looper feature!
AudioCue lets you arm a loop to begin recording with your input. Select a volume threshold in the "Looper" menu, arm a loop track for recording, and cue recording the loop when your input is louder than the chosen threshold. When a loop is armed, you can press another loop footswitch to cancel. You can also choose whether AudioCue applies to every loop, or just your first loop! (AudioCue settings are saved with the loop slot, not the preset)

Remastered metronome sounds, improved the behavior logic, and metronome mute/enable is available as a Switch-3/6 target.

DSP improvements to the synth/vocoder.

Added notifications to inform you when the looper is active.

Handful of bug fixes including: missing popup messages, loop trigger settings, external loop control, and overnight MIDI timeout.

• 0 Kudos
  • 55 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: VoiceLive 3 Update Available (366)

Glad to see there is still support for the product.

I still wish there was an envelope filter on the vocal channel (same model as on the guitar channel would work just fine...)
Triber Moderator

Glad to hear the update went smoothly and you guys haven’t had any issues yet Smiley Happy Since you guys asked so nicely, here's a more detailed changelog than the VoiceSupport text…

VoiceLive 3 Build 366...

NEW STUFF:
AudioCue looper feature
Metronome on/mute as footswitch target
Remastered metronome sounds
DSP changes, improvements to synth/vocoder
Looper notifications (“LOOP”)
Allow ""set and stop"" when using stop-erase from external control while recording a loop

FIXES:
Met-follows-playback improvements (sometimes first beat of metronome not heard)
Allow met downbeat on loop start when actively midi syncing
Don't reset met downbeat on loop start
Allow met downbeat reset when toggling from met mute to met on
Fixed bug where met wouldn't mute when midi syncing
Metronome starts on erase bug
Prevent changing FX blocks while looper is busy
Prevent looper notifications from getting backed up on non-looping screens
No popup on vocal or guitar layer bug
Switch 3/6 commands no popup in looper bug
Loop slot items not applying via triggers bug
Prevent MIDI Activity timeout detection from making mistakes after being left on overnight

There's a link to a copy of the update here for folks who can't use VoiceSupport. I have no news on further VoiceLive 3 updates, but feel free to continue to submit your feature requests - I log them all! I have no news on VoiceLive 4... What’s VoiceLive 4?
Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Contributor - Level 2

No "Stop All" mapped to switch 3/6? Smiley Sad
Contributor - Level 2

Update

Congrats...

love the Autostart feature - thank you so much ...

and the new Met Sounds are great...

Have just installed 5 min ago - everything fine so far...

all the best from germany...
Hanz Marathon www.marathon-music.com
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks

Spencer Larsen;130924 wrote:
Glad to hear the update went smoothly and you guys haven’t had any issues yet Smiley Happy Since you guys asked so nicely, here's a more detailed changelog than the VoiceSupport text…

VoiceLive 3 Build 366...

NEW STUFF:
AudioCue looper feature
Metronome on/mute as footswitch target
Remastered metronome sounds
DSP changes, improvements to synth/vocoder
Looper notifications (“LOOP”)
Allow ""set and stop"" when using stop-erase from external control while recording a loop

FIXES:
Met-follows-playback improvements (sometimes first beat of metronome not heard)
Allow met downbeat on loop start when actively midi syncing
Don't reset met downbeat on loop start
Allow met downbeat reset when toggling from met mute to met on
Fixed bug where met wouldn't mute when midi syncing
Metronome starts on erase bug
Prevent changing FX blocks while looper is busy
Prevent looper notifications from getting backed up on non-looping screens
No popup on vocal or guitar layer bug
Switch 3/6 commands no popup in looper bug
Loop slot items not applying via triggers bug
Prevent MIDI Activity timeout detection from making mistakes after being left on overnight

There's a link to a copy of the update here for folks who can't use VoiceSupport. I have no news on further VoiceLive 3 updates, but feel free to continue to submit your feature requests - I log them all! I have no news on VoiceLive 4... What’s VoiceLive 4?

Will these changes be applied to the PDF service manual for down load ?

EZ :

[SIZE=5]HR[/SIZE]
Contributor - Level 2

audio cue

Hi there.

So the audio cue function is saved to a loop slot via the looper page save button and isn't a global setting. Smiley Very Happy
Contributor - Level 2

Button mappings on switch 6 after update

I just did the firmware update with the new autocue feature… Fantastic! But it appeared that my button mapping on switch six disappeared and I couldn't reprogram them. I just turned off and then on voice live three And everything worked like a charm.

Just a heads up to anyone else to see is this… Don't panic just restart vL3
Contributor - Level 2

Possible bug in Audio Cue function?

I love the new audio cue function and tried to enable it for my presets which works but is it is not storing with the preset. Under loop slot I am setting audio queue to first loop. Then I am storing the preset. When I turn off the L3 and turn it back on again audio queue is set to off. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
Contributor - Level 2

Hi Bob,
The parameters are stored within each Looper Slot.
When you press Looper; tab across to Preset and change the Looper Load Slot to the slot you have you Loops.
Now when you alter any of the looper Audio Cue params they are applied to this slot; make sure you STORE your preset.

ie
Preset 1 Load Loop Slot 1, Audio Cue First, Sensitivity Low, Press STORE Twice and save looper slot.
Preset 2 Load Loop Slot 2, Audio Cue Always, Sensitivity High, Press STORE Twice and save looper slot.

If you move now between Preset 1 and Preset 2 and check the Audio Cue Parameters you should see they change and retain their values.

Sometimes on a reboot, not all the layers seem to get synchronized, the best way to force a synchronize after a power up, is to navigate away from the preset and back again, this forces all the layers especially the Looper/Backing Track one to re-synchronize with the preset layer.

Hope that helps.
Editors for :- VoiceLive 3/Extreme, VoiceLive 2, VoiceLive Touch, VoiceLive Touch2, VoiceLive Play GTX, Perform VK. https://www.voiceliveeditor.com
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks Spencer - no luck though

Did you have any luck saving this setting turning off voice live three and having it be on again? I can get it to stick but when I turn off voice 53 and turn it back on again the setting is removed
    Go to page