VoiceLive 3 & Extreme Firmware Update 2.1.00 BETA Available to Test
Highlighted
Solution Leader

Hi all,

I'm happy to let you know that we've move to the PUBLIC BETA stage for our VL3(X) firmware!

I've attached a couple of documents in addition to the firmware that you'll find useful. The first is a hybrid release-notes and manual supplement, where you'll find information about what we've added/changed and fixed. The second is a .pdf covering all of the various output modes for VL3X's new routing options.

As with any BETA software, this is provided for our mutual benefit and AT YOUR OWN RISK. We will do our best to help support it, but that support is only done via THIS FORUM. Do NOT contact support regarding the BETA firmware!

Highlights

Looper "busy" bug fixed

USB Audio (for realz this time we swear!)

New Backing Track routing options for VL3X

Synth Improvements

Faster firmware and preset transfer (after you apply the update)

Loop "disappearing/reappearing" should no longer occur

Magic Missiles now does +1 damage to stunned targets, down from +2

To apply the firmware, download the attachment to this post and save it somewhere convenient.

In VoiceSupport, go to FIRMWARE and choose "Load a file manually", then choose the beta from wherever you saved it.

**NOTE** Online preset packs do NOT function with BETA releases. You won't be able to drag them into your unit. Archives should be intact.

I look forward to your feedback!

Please keep it on topic for the specifics in this release and don't request other features. There will be room for more of that after this build moves from BETA to public.

**NOTE: We are now running build 348, which replaces build 345. It's attached here and in a post further down.

Cheers,

Craig
Cheers, Craig Customer Solutions Leader - Broadcast & Streaming
Tags (1)
CraigFraser Solution Leader 09-25-2015

09-25-2015

Hi all,

I'm happy to let you know that we've move to the PUBLIC BETA stage for our VL3(X) firmware!

I've attached a couple of documents in addition to the firmware that you'll find useful. The first is a hybrid release-notes and manual supplement, where you'll find information about what we've added/changed and fixed. The second is a .pdf covering all of the various output modes for VL3X's new routing options.

As with any BETA software, this is provided for our mutual benefit and AT YOUR OWN RISK. We will do our best to help support it, but that support is only done via THIS FORUM. Do NOT contact support regarding the BETA firmware!

Highlights

Looper "busy" bug fixed

USB Audio (for realz this time we swear!)

New Backing Track routing options for VL3X

Synth Improvements

Faster firmware and preset transfer (after you apply the update)

Loop "disappearing/reappearing" should no longer occur

Magic Missiles now does +1 damage to stunned targets, down from +2

To apply the firmware, download the attachment to this post and save it somewhere convenient.

In VoiceSupport, go to FIRMWARE and choose "Load a file manually", then choose the beta from wherever you saved it.

**NOTE** Online preset packs do NOT function with BETA releases. You won't be able to drag them into your unit. Archives should be intact.

I look forward to your feedback!

Please keep it on topic for the specifics in this release and don't request other features. There will be room for more of that after this build moves from BETA to public.

**NOTE: We are now running build 348, which replaces build 345. It's attached here and in a post further down.

Cheers,

Craig

• 0 Kudos
  • 270 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: VoiceLive 3 & Extreme Firmware Update 2.1.00 BETA Available to Test

Great! Now I know how I'm supposed to spend the rest of my day.
Contributor - Level 2

Finally it's a breeze to make a simple video with iPad camera with good sound quality! As long as the internal mix going out from VL3 is in good balance, there is no need for sound processing afterwards

Thank you for not giving up on this!

Janne
Contributor - Level 2

Oh, and the midi sync interplay between BeatBuddy and VL3 has improved enormously! Most of the time, I've been able to start the loop recording straight after the drum intro, stop either BB drums or loop, and restart in time. Seems like the game is a-changing!
Contributor - Level 2

Woohoo, USB recording AND output routing on the VL3X! Rock and roll!
Contributor - Level 2

Hi All, is this only happening to me? I have been having problems with syncing audio from the USB up to Video, the USB audio always runs short by about half a second after about 20 minutes recording. I have checked this against my DAW still the same, the only way i have been able to match audio and video is by using the daw recording with the video.

i have installed the beta firmware today to see is anything improves and yes it is a bit better but it is still running short.
Contributor - Level 2

I use GarageBand in iOS and OS X, both have some latency form beginning.

FullSizeRender 7.jpg
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

I am using VL3 with the new firmware + Windows 7 + Ableton Live 9 + MOTU 828 mkII + everything synced at 48KHz.

VL3 input in DAW Tracking mode and VL3 output SAME AS XLR.

First test with windows recorder ... sounds good ... no issue at this point.

Within Live 9, can't see VL3 as an ASIO interface but it is available under MME/DX category.

I can choose between VL3 DX and VL3 wave.

With the VL3 wave I experience some kind of crackles and regular signal drops.

With the VL3 DX no more issue regarding sound quality but I have the same issue as Erh Tsung Chang meaning a significant offset at the begining of the wave file. So it sounds good during recording but once played back the recorded track is time shifted.

Contributor - Level 2

Your a good man Craig.
Contributor - Level 2

Oh here comes USB audio!
Thanks Craig for driving this, and TC Helicon rocks!

Let me share one glitch I found here

- USB audio output L-R volume are not equal in mono XLR mode
[SETUP]

Output tab: XLR Output mode -> MONO
Output tab: USB Output mode -> SAME AS XLR
Input tab: USB mode -> DAW Tracking

[Problem]

Guitar sound goes to L channel only
Voice sound on R channel is weaker than L channel

[Expected behavoir]

Both Guitar and Voice sound volume in L-R channel should be equal

[Note]

Output tab: XLR Output mode -> STEREO and the same setting for rest of them works well

SS
    Go to page