Contributor - Level 1

Voicelive 3: Looping Acoustic Guitar Kick

Hi there, I have a question concerning my loops with the Voicelive 3.

I use the voicelive in a simple setup: acoustic guitar (Martin Dreadnought Junior) and vocal (Shure SM58 beta). Not too many effects except for a heavy reverb and small delay on my guitar and darker reverb and small delay on my voice.

Problem at hand: I'm very happy with the sound of my guitar at the moment but from time to time (average of 1 in 4) when I start recording a kick in loop, it clips heavily. I've tried turning my guitar volume down, tapping on different parts of the guitar but it still clips. The only thing that seems to do the trick is to get rid of the reverb on my guitar. Is there a way of getting rid of the clipping and still maintaining the dark, airy sound of my guitar and subby kick?

Cheers,

(ps. as audio system I'm using the Bose F1 Model 812 Flexible array with T4S Tonematch mixer, without any effects on it)

Denopie Contributor - Level 1 2019-08-09

2019-08-09

Voicelive 3: Looping Acoustic Guitar Kick

Hi there, I have a question concerning my loops with the Voicelive 3.

I use the voicelive in a simple setup: acoustic guitar (Martin Dreadnought Junior) and vocal (Shure SM58 beta). Not too many effects except for a heavy reverb and small delay on my guitar and darker reverb and small delay on my voice.

Problem at hand: I'm very happy with the sound of my guitar at the moment but from time to time (average of 1 in 4) when I start recording a kick in loop, it clips heavily. I've tried turning my guitar volume down, tapping on different parts of the guitar but it still clips. The only thing that seems to do the trick is to get rid of the reverb on my guitar. Is there a way of getting rid of the clipping and still maintaining the dark, airy sound of my guitar and subby kick?

Cheers,

(ps. as audio system I'm using the Bose F1 Model 812 Flexible array with T4S Tonematch mixer, without any effects on it)

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies