Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Voicelive 3 ext sound level

Hi everyone,

I'm an happy owner of the new voicelive 3 extreme. I've created (and copy/paste) several preset in my device (one/song) I would like to know how I can regulate the level of sound level output of each individual preset (and not the global one). 

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance

regards,

Fred

F septon
FredSept Contributor - Level 1 2019-11-22

2019-11-22

Voicelive 3 ext sound level

Hi everyone,

I'm an happy owner of the new voicelive 3 extreme. I've created (and copy/paste) several preset in my device (one/song) I would like to know how I can regulate the level of sound level output of each individual preset (and not the global one). 

Can someone help me ?

Thanks in advance

regards,

Fred

Highlighted
Triber Alumni

Re: Voicelive 3 ext sound level

Hey @FredSept,
Glad to hear you're liking your new VoiceLive!  For each of your presets, there isn't any "Preset output level" parameter or anything like that.  You've probably already found the "Mix" menu, but that is global and can't be customized per-preset.  To get the overall output levels of each preset to be at a comparable level, that'll take some level balancing of dry (lead) and wet (effect) voices.  A single preset in VoiceLive 3 has a lot of gain staging to manage, so if we had put an overall level control at the end of each preset's effects chain, troubleshooting clipping and effect balancing could get messy real fast.  So instead the workflow of creating presets kind of forces the user to get their gain staging right the first time.

My recommendation is to use the levels in each effect you're using in a given preset.  By using a combination of the "Lead level" parameter in a vocal effect, along with the effect's own "Level" parameter you can eventually get real fast at balancing the levels of presets.  Just don't forget to double-tap the "Store" button to save your changes to the current preset, so you don't lose any level adjustments you've made.  Good luck!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.