Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Voicelive 3 into a desk

my Voicelive 3 is on it's way to me in the post but i have a question or two Smiley Very Happy I am going into the voicelive with Mic & Guitar and maybe ipad, am I best using a mixer or am I ok to go straight into some active speakers (Mackie Thumps) and if so how would i control the mix? 2nd question, if i go into a desk how do I get mic/guitar into separate channels? tyia
ShaunGreen Contributor - Level 1 2018-04-30

2018-04-30

Voicelive 3 into a desk

my Voicelive 3 is on it's way to me in the post but i have a question or two Smiley Very Happy I am going into the voicelive with Mic & Guitar and maybe ipad, am I best using a mixer or am I ok to go straight into some active speakers (Mackie Thumps) and if so how would i control the mix? 2nd question, if i go into a desk how do I get mic/guitar into separate channels? tyia

Super Contributor - Level 1

Re: Voicelive 3 into a desk

I have plugged directly into powered speakers many times, it works fine. But somtimes the noise floor is too high, depending on the size and quality of the speakers. I.e. to get the sound level you need for a given venue, you might have to turn up the volume of the speakers to a point where the noise (hiss, hum, or whatever) becomes problem. In such a situation it's a good idea to have a small mixer to raise the level of the signal so the speaker volume can be turned down.