Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Voicelive 3 without Guitar FX?

I own a Voicelive 3, and playing open mic / acoustic stuff is great.  But when it takes up too much space on my main pedalboard when doing band work. I don't really use the guitar effects (I have a helix + tons of other pedals). What is the best vocal only or smaller form factor for vocal effects? I like the TC Helicon products, but would be willing to switch. Is the Perform-VK what I am looking for? I like the Midi input, but the lack of XLR out is odd. 

MarkGamache Contributor - Level 2 2019-09-25

2019-09-25

Voicelive 3 without Guitar FX?

I own a Voicelive 3, and playing open mic / acoustic stuff is great.  But when it takes up too much space on my main pedalboard when doing band work. I don't really use the guitar effects (I have a helix + tons of other pedals). What is the best vocal only or smaller form factor for vocal effects? I like the TC Helicon products, but would be willing to switch. Is the Perform-VK what I am looking for? I like the Midi input, but the lack of XLR out is odd. 

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Voicelive 3 without Guitar FX?

Hi Mark, the smallest vocal processor we make is Harmony Singer 2. If you're willing to forgo more extensive vocal and guitar fx and the looper, it might be better if you're looking to scale down.

@MarkGamache wrote:

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Thanks for the reply. That might work, but doesn't have presets (or Midi) or pitch correction. Right? I was hopping TC would release a more compact version of the VL3 line. Something like Line6 did with the HX Stomp. I own both a Helix and an HX Stomp. You would probably lose the cool looping stuff (due to fewer buttons) and you have limited budgets to develop any products.  

Contributor - Level 3

It really depends on what effects you're looking to use, and if you're using harmonies with your guitar, as well as loops and such. The Perform series (coupled with a switch-3 or 6 if you want foot control) might be a a good solution, if you want midi the VK is great of course. Or you could look for one of the voicelive play series, they're smaller but have many of the same options as the VL3, but with less customizable settings. With these you'll get looping as well. If you're just interested in one or two effects like harmonies and reverb, then go for the harmony singer or another pedal in that range 😊 

There's no such thing as too much reverb