Re: Voicelive Touch 2. Works fine with "normal" mic. Want to use gaming headset mic...
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Voicelive Touch 2. Works fine with "normal" mic. Want to use gaming headset mic...

Like I said, the unit works fine with a normal dynamic mic with an XLR cable.

When, instead, I plug the gaming headset in with a 3.55mm to XLR adapter, it seems like no signal is going through at all. I can't hear any input from the mic and the input indicator (green,yellow,red) does nothing, even with the input gain cranked all the way up.

Is it possible to make this work? Do I need a mic preamp or something? Is there a setting in the global configuration I should change?
JackAtkins Contributor - Level 1 2019-02-01

2019-02-01

Voicelive Touch 2. Works fine with "normal" mic. Want to use gaming headset mic...

Like I said, the unit works fine with a normal dynamic mic with an XLR cable.

When, instead, I plug the gaming headset in with a 3.55mm to XLR adapter, it seems like no signal is going through at all. I can't hear any input from the mic and the input indicator (green,yellow,red) does nothing, even with the input gain cranked all the way up.

Is it possible to make this work? Do I need a mic preamp or something? Is there a setting in the global configuration I should change?

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Voicelive Touch 2. Works fine with "normal" mic. Want to use gaming headset mic...

Hey, there's a few factors to take into account here. What kind of plug is on the gaming headset? Is it the kind with two separated minijacks or a TRRS mini jack (the kind with three black rings on the plug, tip-ring-ring-sleeve) - if it's the latter you might be able to get away with using a TRRS splitter then into the xlr adapter but I'm not sure it's gonna just work straight with the xlr adapter.

There's no such thing as too much reverb