Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Voicelive3 Vocal Manual EQ

So I'm using the Voicelive3 for my violin through the vocal block using a condenser mic. Trying to use the eq and compressor is a bit confusing.

The low and high frequency have no band width parameter. Can anyone tell me what the Q is on the low and high frequency? Are these shelves or crossovers or a sweep with a fixed Q?

The compressor has no attack speed displayed. Anyone know what it is?
JohnCalverley Contributor - Level 1 2017-11-14

2017-11-14

Voicelive3 Vocal Manual EQ

So I'm using the Voicelive3 for my violin through the vocal block using a condenser mic. Trying to use the eq and compressor is a bit confusing.

The low and high frequency have no band width parameter. Can anyone tell me what the Q is on the low and high frequency? Are these shelves or crossovers or a sweep with a fixed Q?

The compressor has no attack speed displayed. Anyone know what it is?

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Voicelive3 Vocal Manual EQ

Hey John,
I'll try to find the EQ bandwidths and what they're doing for you. As for compressor stuff, please see my post in this thread Smiley Wink
Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Triber Moderator

Hi again John,
No luck so far getting the real-world numbers for the equalizer. However I have been able to find that its parameters are addressable by sysex. So if you're MIDI inclined, you'd be able to customize this yourself. I'll keep looking for someone who can translate these and tell me the default values though. Cheers!
Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Triber Moderator

Oh! I should also mention that there's a 3rd party editor available which will give you control of these parameters (and many more). We know and love the guy behind these editors and greatly appreciate his efforts, they're awesome!