Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Voicelive3extreme with microkorg

Hi. I am trying to make my voicelive3extreme work with a Korg MicroKorg. I connect a midi cable from the out of the microkorg to the in of vl3e, I put the channel 1 of each and the harmony in midi, the harmony works very well, but I can not do the same with the synth, it does not sound at all.
Thanks in advance.

Hola. Estoy intentando hacer funcionar mi voicelive3extreme con un Korg MicroKorg.  Conecte un cable midi desde el out del microkorg al in de vl3e, puse el canal 1 de cada uno y la armonia en midi, la armonia funciona muy bien, pero no puedo hacer lo mismo con el synth, no suena nada en absoluto.
gracias de ante mano

DavidDelemont Contributor - Level 3 2019-05-19

2019-05-19

Voicelive3extreme with microkorg

Hi. I am trying to make my voicelive3extreme work with a Korg MicroKorg. I connect a midi cable from the out of the microkorg to the in of vl3e, I put the channel 1 of each and the harmony in midi, the harmony works very well, but I can not do the same with the synth, it does not sound at all.
Thanks in advance.

Hola. Estoy intentando hacer funcionar mi voicelive3extreme con un Korg MicroKorg.  Conecte un cable midi desde el out del microkorg al in de vl3e, puse el canal 1 de cada uno y la armonia en midi, la armonia funciona muy bien, pero no puedo hacer lo mismo con el synth, no suena nada en absoluto.
gracias de ante mano

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Triber Moderator

Re: Voicelive3extreme with microkorg

Hey @DavidDelemont,

In addition to connecting the MIDI cable, you'll also have to make an audio connection between the two devices to get the synth sounds to pass into the VoiceLive.  You can connect the main audio outputs, or the headphone output from your Korg into the Auxiliary input on the VoiceLive 3, and you can control that incoming level in the VoiceLive's Mix menu.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Voicelive3extreme with microkorg

Thanks for the response, it helped me a lot. But I still can not operate the korg with the Vocal / Synth option that the Voicelive has. nor putting the note souce in midi (poly and mono) nor in np chord and not in lead.