Contributor - Level 1

Weird feedback when using my Voice Live 2 as a sound card

Hi everyone !

Besides it's original purpose, I'm used to using my Voice Live 2 with softwares such as Discord, Skype or OBS because I'm too cheap to buy a proper "gamer headset".
Up till now, I plugged my headphones directly into my computer, but yesterday, my PC jack went mono after years of plugging/unplugging. So I plugged into the headphones outplut of the Voice Live and tested it, only to get my words looped faster and faster and geting lower and lower. No effects were on during this test, and the preset was the exact same I always use to record/stream dry speaking. Plus I never had feedback issues when singing live with my Voice Live, except when I stand too close to drums or amps.
I'm quite bad a tweaking things, and I'm probably missing something obvious, so the solution must be pretty straightforward... but I just can't figure it out.

Thank you for reading, and my apologies for my clumsy english !
SebastiànCappel Contributor - Level 1 2018-12-22

2018-12-22

Weird feedback when using my Voice Live 2 as a sound card

Hi everyone !

Besides it's original purpose, I'm used to using my Voice Live 2 with softwares such as Discord, Skype or OBS because I'm too cheap to buy a proper "gamer headset".
Up till now, I plugged my headphones directly into my computer, but yesterday, my PC jack went mono after years of plugging/unplugging. So I plugged into the headphones outplut of the Voice Live and tested it, only to get my words looped faster and faster and geting lower and lower. No effects were on during this test, and the preset was the exact same I always use to record/stream dry speaking. Plus I never had feedback issues when singing live with my Voice Live, except when I stand too close to drums or amps.
I'm quite bad a tweaking things, and I'm probably missing something obvious, so the solution must be pretty straightforward... but I just can't figure it out.

Thank you for reading, and my apologies for my clumsy english !

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies