Contributor - Level 2

Which cable??

Hi all,

My Gmaj2 doesn't have the firmware update version 1.02 on it! The TC electronic website has changed and i can't find the page i saw prior to purchasing the unit that had instructions on how to connect and update it.

Which cable do i need to do this? Is it a Midi to usb? and is it as simple as just plugging it in??

Cheers.

Luke

P.S i will be posting some of my favourite settings this weekend!
Tags (1)
lukewinship Contributor - Level 2 2012-12-10

2012-12-10

Which cable??

Hi all,

My Gmaj2 doesn't have the firmware update version 1.02 on it! The TC electronic website has changed and i can't find the page i saw prior to purchasing the unit that had instructions on how to connect and update it.

Which cable do i need to do this? Is it a Midi to usb? and is it as simple as just plugging it in??

Cheers.

Luke

P.S i will be posting some of my favourite settings this weekend!

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Which cable??

You'll need a way to send the update to the midi in on the GM2. This means a USB MIDI interface. Wether it's a usb to MIDI cable (if there is such a thing) or more likely an actual USB MIDI interface with MIDI I/O for 2 way communication between the GM2 and your computer. The latter will also facilitate using the Vyzor editor/librarian software if you wish to use it.

I'm pretty sure the instructions for the firmware update (along with the actual firmware) are included with the Vyzor app. It should be available in the downloads section for the GM2.
PowerCore Firewire - sw ver 4.3.3 - NonLin 2 - Master X5 - Virus basic - Logic 7.2.3 & 8.0.2 - MAC PRO dual quad core 2.8ghz - 10 gigs ram - OS 10.6.8 G Major 2
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Which cable??

I've found the instructions for the update and PC Editor now, just going to get a cable. This one has taken my eye....

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/keyboards/detail.asp?stock=10031511484513

It should do the trick.

Thanks!