Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

mic mechanic 2 getting stuck in red light mode..

All of a sudden at rehearsal the other night my mic mechanic 2 would not react to tap tempo, and the red light would just be on.  I'd turn it off and on and it would be fine... minutes later, it would do it again.  I have the power cord that came with, and never experienced this before.  It's also updated with the latest firmware.  Anyone have this experience?  I'm thinking maybe I put a 9 volt in for backup in case it happens again live, and switch the plug out and just use the battery.

AlanSettle Contributor - Level 2 2019-03-12

2019-03-12

mic mechanic 2 getting stuck in red light mode..

All of a sudden at rehearsal the other night my mic mechanic 2 would not react to tap tempo, and the red light would just be on.  I'd turn it off and on and it would be fine... minutes later, it would do it again.  I have the power cord that came with, and never experienced this before.  It's also updated with the latest firmware.  Anyone have this experience?  I'm thinking maybe I put a 9 volt in for backup in case it happens again live, and switch the plug out and just use the battery.

• 1 Kudo
  • 17 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Re: mic mechanic 2 getting stuck in red light mode..

Hey! were you using a specific preset when it happened (as in the same preset every time it happened?) 

There's no such thing as too much reverb
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

no..  I was dialing in different settings, it's the mic mechanic 2.  so it's not really in preset mode.

Highlighted
Triber Alumni

Hey @AlanSettle,

Can you please conect your pedal to our VoiceSupport 2 application and check out the presets?  My thought is that maybe one of your presets has become corrupt and loading it is messing up the pedal.  For reference, when Cecilie and I say "preset" really we're just referring to the leftmost Echo knob - those Echo 3 styles are treated as "presets" in the pedal while Reverb and Correction are "global" parameters.  Once connected to VoiceSupport 2, take a look at the presets - if you see that any of the presets are blue, that means it's been altered from its factory state and could be the cause of the funky behavior.  You can delete a blue preset to restore them back to their factory state, which is represented with a grey preset.MM2 VS2.png

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

weird.. I just did that  and I had two out of the three presets in blue.  I just redid the firmware update.. it autmoatically gives me the same two presets in blue and one in grey after that...

Am I supposed to delete those and make them all red and then reapply?

Highlighted
Triber Alumni

Hey @AlanSettle,

A firmware update will only update the pedal's firmware, it leaves presets and setup data alone.  So yeah just go ahead and delete the blue presets, apply the change, and you should then see them change back to their grey factory state.  Hopefully that fixes the red LED issue you've been experiencing.

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Im having the same issue right now

played a gig few nights ago and then cam e back to plug everything in to practice and red lights stay on and wont turn off

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

im having same issue. red lights are on and nothing works. if i hit stomp button then red light just flashes  what do i do?

Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Hi @zeromiles ,

If you haven't already, you should  get in touch with our care team through the "support" tab on www.musictribe.com Smiley Happy 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

hello

i made a ticket but nothing yet. i have a show tongiht too

Robert Carlson