Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

midi from computers usb and wirless midi adaptor at the same time pleaseeeeee

would like to send midi from my computer via cable and also throu wirless midi adapter but cant select both at the same time ...how could i do this i needd the comp sending midi via cable to the vl3e for tempo and the i pad sending midi to vl3e to chan

andym Contributor - Level 1 2019-06-11

2019-06-11

midi from computers usb and wirless midi adaptor at the same time pleaseeeeee

would like to send midi from my computer via cable and also throu wirless midi adapter but cant select both at the same time ...how could i do this i needd the comp sending midi via cable to the vl3e for tempo and the i pad sending midi to vl3e to chan

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: midi from computers usb and wirless midi adaptor at the same time pleaseeeeee

Triber Moderator

Re: midi from computers usb and wirless midi adaptor at the same time pleaseeeeee

Hey @andym,
The VoiceLive 3 can only receive MIDI data on either the USB-mini port or the 5-pin MIDI input, not both simultaneously.  You'll likely have to use a MIDI merging device (like this) to combine your iPad and computer outputs into a single MIDI stream for the VL3.  Cheers!

Testing engineer at TC Helicon, MUSIC Tribe. Our Support Team is always available for more urgent assistance.