2019-11-17

30 years in the making - the big reveal

(view in My Videos)

• 141 Kudos
  • 326 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: 30 years in the making - the big reveal

The is NO advantage to have USB 3.0 for music...

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/208095469-USB-2-0-vs-USB-3-0

96KHz means 44 KHz with Nyquist algorythm ... so far from human hearing .... 44 KHz is enough is 99,9 % the situation

https://www.soundonsound.com/sound-advice/q-should-i-use-high-sample-rates?fbclid=IwAR0-rxreC3qVqKug...

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Hey! First time poster, hope I'm doing this right. I've g...

I had a question about how to route P16s from the console? How would you assign channels to Ultranet outputs?

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@CoryK wrote:

I had a question about how to route P16s from the console? How would you assign channels to Ultranet outputs?

Assign the signals you want to go out of the the stagebox Ultranet port to the respective AES50 outputs 33-48

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto wrote:

@CoryK wrote:

Assign the signals you want to go out of the the stagebox Ultranet port to the respective AES50 outputs 33-48

So, just to be sure I understand. If I connect a P16D to the ultranet port of an S16, the outputs for that would be under the AES port which it is connected to, and start at 33? So if the box is connected to AESB I would patch to AES B 33-48 for P16s?

Also, seperate question, I can't seem to assign snapshot controls to custom buttons. It's extremely clunky to save and load snapshots which is a huge problem for my typical workflow. Wondering if that will come in future firmware? or if there is a quicker more intuitive way to save, load, and navigate snapshots other than Library>Choose Scene>Load>Confirm?

Really appreciate the help!

Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

@CoryK wrote:

So, just to be sure I understand. If I connect a P16D to the ultranet port of an S16, the outputs for that would be under the AES port which it is connected to, and start at 33? So if the box is connected to AESB I would patch to AES B 33-48 for P16s?

That is correct. The X32/M32 stageboxes get their Ultranet from AES50 33-48

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Hey Cory @CoryK 

I'm having to reply in 2 separate posts, since the quoting didn't like me breaking it up for some stupid reason.

Regarding your questions about snapshots and custom controls, both features on the Wing are in their infancy in development. There are lots of ideas floating around, but nothing concrete at this point.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

@Paul_Vannatto wrote:

Hey Cory @CoryK 

I'm having to reply in 2 separate posts, since the quoting didn't like me breaking it up for some stupid reason.

Regarding your questions about snapshots and custom controls, both features on the Wing are in their infancy in development. There are lots of ideas floating around, but nothing concrete at this point.

Sounds good. I'm defintely interested in how that lands. Overall really liking the new processing capablilites.