M32-EDIT Version 2.5 (Mac, PC, Linux) is now available!

Triber Contributor
Dear all,

Our latest control app, M32-EDIT Version 2.5 is now available for download.

The Midas M32-EDIT 2.5 is the latest editing software update created specifically for Midas’ M32 console series. This update provides powerful remote control for all functions, as well as off-line editing and show preparation. M32-EDIT communicates via UDP/OSC protocol through the M32 Ethernet port, and facilitates the remote control or setting of virtually all functions of the M32 console. Real-time level meters are displayed for all audio channels, along with user-defined icons and names. The top left section mimics the console’s main display, while the lower part represents the channel fader sections. All elements closely emulate the M32 operation, and hence allow for operational training sessions – even when the console is unavailable for hands-on experience.

It is possible to edit multiple consoles on the same network concurrently via several instances of M32-EDIT, by selecting their individual IP addresses. It is also possible to run several instances of M32-EDIT and M32-MIX (for iPad) concurrently on several devices, with all controlling the same M32 console. The M32-EDIT communication is optimised for the support of up to four wired network clients per M32 console. We recommend using the M32-MIX application for iOS6 wireless control via your Apple iPad.

What’s new in M32-EDIT Version 2.5 (Update from M32-EDIT 2.4)

V 2.5 features improved graphics routines for better performance on the recent Apple Mac OSX 10.11 operating system. It also fixes some small glitches, including the issue when remote controlling the application via MCU and selecting EQ on a DCA. The GUI scaling control on Setup/global now also supports scaling down to 800 pixels width, specifically for tiny displays such as the new RPi2-display.

New Features:

• Extended GUI scaling range from 800-1800 pixels window width
• New switch for scaling the X32 EDIT window to standard size Enhancements
• Improved graphics routines for better performance on Mac OSX 10.11
• Several bug fixes, including:
> MCU remote control issue with DCA-EQ
> EQ band reset switch will no longer toggle gain off/on when LoCut or HiCut filter modes are selected
3 Comments
Contributor - Level 1

Hello... new to tribe!

Contributor - Level 3

Hi. Can I ask you for a version of Edit 2.5 for PC please ... I recently bought the M32C - and found that on the new version 4.1 there is NO way to set / manage Exact Rhythm parameters and other exact settings / values ​​on FX..A in the old version 2.5 - all this is visible and is under every FX ... How did we stay that such IMPORTANT elements were simply removed ... And it’s impossible to regulate exactly ... Please help us please ... Give us version 2.5 please .. .Or tell me how you control the exact parameters of all FX? because TAP is really rude for the rhythm in studio work. Thank you for your help.

Super Contributor - Level 1

Sergey_leps wrote

>>>>

Hi. Can I ask you for a version of Edit 2.5 for PC please ... I recently bought the M32C - and found that on the new version 4.1 there is NO way to set / manage Exact Rhythm parameters and other exact settings / values ​​on FX..A in the old version 2.5 - all this is visible and is under every FX ... How did we stay that such IMPORTANT elements were simply removed ... And it’s impossible to regulate exactly ... Please help us please ... Give us version 2.5 please .. .Or tell me how you control the exact parameters of all FX? because TAP is really rude for the rhythm in studio work. Thank you for your help.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I stumbled on to this post when trying to understand more about what you are trying to do because of the Private Message (PM) that you sent me asking about the XTC.

I suggest that you post your questions on this area (see attached link) of the forum. It seems to get more traffic than the places you have posted some of your questions. As you might be able to tell from the lack of responses.

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Mixing-Consoles/bd-p/mipc1004?pageNum=2&tab=recent

I would also suggest that you copy and paste the question you asked me in the PM to a new thread in that part of the forum. I will try to answer you there when you do that. I am not sure if the XTC and the M32C was the right choice for what you are trying to do. The XTC has a lot of MIDI capability, I have never used it in the way you are trying to use it. All of the X32/M32 products have very limited Midi capability. But we can talk about that when you post the question in public. This is because other people can join in and try and help you.  

Regarding the question in this post. If I understand what you are asking for, all of the Parameters of the Effects units can be controlled in M32 edit V4.1. But in V4.1 I can’t find a way to type in a parameter. I am using a Windows PC if you are using a Mac I can’t be of much help as to how the controls on that work. On a PC if you are using a mouse with a scroll wheel the parameters seem to be rough settings. If you hold down the left button when on a parameter and move the cursor you seem to be able to get a little bit finer resolution. M32 edit version 2.5 is basically the same but you do get the ability to also type in a parameter. Have you checked out any of the tablet apps for this, they may have that ability. The problem with using V2.5 is there are some things that the newer firmware can do that you can’t do on V2.5 and at the moment other than routing I can’t think of what it can’t do.

If you haven’t gotten the M32edit V2.5 or whatever version in the V2 range for the PC that you want, just send me your email address in a PM and just let me know which one you want  and I will send it to you if I have it. V2.5 seems to be the most up to date of the old format.

Where are you from? I am trying to figure the time difference. I am in the USA on the east coast, I am very close to New York City. And I am trying to figure out what is your native language.