The M32 Firmware Update V 3.0 features performance enhancements to the MIDAS M32 operating system. The Version 3.0 firmware adds automixing with Dugan-style gain sharing on two independent groups to the input channel 1-8 processing. Mixing speech oriented events such as boards or panels, presentations, corporate or worship events from MIDAS M32 has never been easier. The automatic mixer algorithm dependably distributes the total amount of gain among the assigned channels in the same group, considering their speech level, fader level and the adjustable weighing factors. The speaker with the highest combination of volume, fader level and weighing factor will receive higher gain in the mix, while the others would be attenuated by the same amount, ensuring a stable low background noise floor without any gating/ducking artifacts. The update to 3.0 also allows you to control the MIDAS M32 remotely using Behringer X-TOUCH control surfaces via Ethernet network or MIDI, directly.
MIDAS is constantly adding new features and making enhancements to this extremely stable operating system, so that you always experience the best possible performance from your M32. Visit midasconsoles.com and check for updates regularly.
Note: It is recommended that you backup all data (export Show and Libraries to USB) before updating, as a firmware upgrade may erase data currently stored on your M32. Please be aware that firmware 3.0 is required for our new M32-Edit 3.0 on PC / Mac / Linux computers, preferably in wired networks. Connect the M32 to a Wifi router for controlling it wirelessly with M32-Mix 2.3 or higher on Apple iPads (min. iOS 7), or with X/M32-Mixingstation for Android (min. 4.0). Note that automixing control will be supported on the iPad in a future release of the M32-Mix app.
ENHANCEMENTS • Supports new X32-EDIT 3.0 remote control application for Win/MacOSX/Linux/RPi2
NEW FEATURES • NEW Automixing option for input channels 1-8 with adjustable weighing and metering
• 2 independent automix groups available to cater for separate source groups or zones
• Channel scribble displays indicate the automix group assignment “X” or “Y” in channels 1-8
• Automix Group X and Group Y Master switches can be assigned to function buttons
• New cross-over filter option in Main LR and Mono/Center bus EQs
• New output phase inversion switch available on all outputs, aux outs and Ultranet channels
• Now supports networked and MIDI remote control directly from BEHRINGER X-TOUCH control surfaces