Highlighted
Triber Contributor

Next Voicelive!

Hi friends! We're working on the next Voicelive product, and we're wondering what you all want in it! What did you love about the VL3, VL3x, or the Voicelive Play series? What features do you want in our next Voicelive and what features did you never use in our previous ones? Do you use our looper a lot? Do you use steps and the hit button? Do you like the 3 page effect configuration on VL3/VL3x or would you prefer guitar and vocal effects to all be mixed on the same page? 

Let us know what you want, because making something that works for you, our customers, is our top priority. Smiley Happy  

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs
TCH-Rob Triber Contributor 2020-01-24

2020-01-24

Next Voicelive!

Hi friends! We're working on the next Voicelive product, and we're wondering what you all want in it! What did you love about the VL3, VL3x, or the Voicelive Play series? What features do you want in our next Voicelive and what features did you never use in our previous ones? Do you use our looper a lot? Do you use steps and the hit button? Do you like the 3 page effect configuration on VL3/VL3x or would you prefer guitar and vocal effects to all be mixed on the same page? 

Let us know what you want, because making something that works for you, our customers, is our top priority. Smiley Happy  

• 11 Kudos
  • 133 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Next Voicelive!

How about a built in expression pedal?  

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

A little difficult to use looper and get the rythm 100percent so I almost dont use it. Probable its me the problem is. My biggest issue with vl3x is the sound quality. When i use sharpness 50 that is recomended. I get a crispy sound that have whey to much trebble... I normaly just turn the whole thing off. Use the tc helicon mic also. It was a little better then my nta1. Shimmer effext for guitar is also welcome. And better gain control on the outs

Bjørn-Helge Kurseth
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi

features that we're missing from the vl3 were cc messages to control the looper externally. 

cc message to clear all loops. 

hope the feedback helps

thanks

Highlighted
Triber Contributor

@terryx that's an awesome idea, and something that we've been thinking about. We'd love to hear what more users think about having a built in expression/volume pedal... it would add a lot of size to the overall footprint of the product but if it's something you guys really want we'd consider adding it. 

Robert Deacon | Triber, Music Tribe I'm here to help! Let me know if you have any further questions, and if I answered your question feel free to like it and "accept it as solution" Community Guidelines | FAQs
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

In a live setting it would be less we would have to haul around and hook up.  I would take the trade-off of a bigger footprint.  

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

We use my VL3X to control the vocal delays and guitar patches live on click tracks (with count ins), using the built-in automation. However, we'd love if we could tack on a midi track, or something similar, that could send midi note changes to run our sequenced lights, instead of a computer. I scoured the web to see if VL3X could do it, but never saw anything clear.

That way, VLX3 is a live vocal, guitar, and lighting engineer.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

So, expression pedal? Sure, why not? However, the biggest feature/change that I would like to see is seperating the "outs". That is, please don't run the BT through the Vocal layer out (pretty sure I got that right, if not, I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at....) Seperate all outs in order to run them to FOH/mixer as seperate channels. Vox, guitar, loops, BT's all as seperate outs.

Let's talk screen. Make it bigger. Update the GUI a la mini smart phone graphics with visual EQ's etc. We're not all serious sound nerds and the EQ sections are intimidating. Show don't tell!

Don't forget about midi!! Full master/slave midi over USB would be awesome! Oh the possibilities!!

Also, the looper needs serious upgrades. Add at least one more phrase (layer/channel whatever you call it!) as well as be able to play all at once. Take your cues from the Boss Rc-505.

Lastly, and although it is way on the bottom of the list for me, review your amp sims for electric - lots of complaints from folks that want to use them but find the quality less than desirable.

This is an incredible product and the Tech is out there to make this thing even better. Cost is a factor I know, but here in Canada I paid $1200 ish CDN which I think is fair for this bit of kit - as long as build quality is 100%. We use this think live and it can get knocked about a bit - please keep that in mind....

Hope that helps! Cheers!

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Also the looper is missing the ability to tap tempo after a loop has been recorded manually. Other loopers on the market have this feature and its essential when looping on the fly in a live situation. Helps in readjusting tempos that we're laid down faster or slower than intended. Thanks for the opportunity to provide feedback. 

ps. An additional delay would be handy to thicken the sound with a super short delay and then add longer delays for effect. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

First the VL3X is a great product. I use it every rehearsal and performance. 

I do not play an instrument so getting a signal for harmonies is tricky from my guitar player that also uses a VL3X. Would love a stomp box with every vocal feature (NO guitar features)

- Would be nice to be able to share global effects live (reverb, delay, pitch etc..) 

- A larger screen that can display more info 

- Make it easier to find custom presets (TC's abbreviation are clever but sometimes hard to decipher) Music Tribe is a great site but not easy to find stuff.  

- The power cord is too short and doesn’t lock in

- Need a hard case purchase option. The bag is just ok

- Bluetooth / wireless option would be awesome (hard to do obviously)

- Lots of wires when using a wireless system (not sure how you could improve this)

- Don’t use the looper, recording or backing track option (although it is a great feature)  

Again - Great product!!!