Contributor - Level 3

Behringer P1 battery door

I have four P1
All four of them had their battery doors broken. 
Can I buy the battery door?

dkshins Contributor - Level 3 2020-01-02

2020-01-02

Behringer P1 battery door

I have four P1
All four of them had their battery doors broken. 
Can I buy the battery door?

• 0 Kudos
  • 9 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Rock Star - Level 1

Re: berhinger P1 batter door

Hi @dkshins , 

Welcome to the community.  Here's a link to an old post that implies the door is not available to purchase.  But, @Paul_Vannatto said he had a 3D printer file you could use to make your own.   Since the battery electrical connection is made with the 9V pigtail, I just used gafer's tape to hold the battery in place when I ran into the last broken door. 

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Performance-Spaces/P1-battery-door-no-replacements/td-p/189336

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

View solution in original post

Volunteer Moderator

@KenMitchell wrote:

But, @Paul_Vannatto said he had a 3D printer file you could use to make your own.   

Boy you sure have a good memory Ken. That offer was over 3 years ago and no one has "bit". So I never got around to making the print file. But I now have it almost done - just have to figure out the latch.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Volunteer Moderator

@dkshins wrote:

Could you make me a few please?

Where in this world are you located? Do you have a friend nearby that would have a 3D printer (or a library, etc.)? The reason I ask is that the shipping may cost more than the part itself. I'm in Ontario, Canada.

I am currently printing off the first one to check my design.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!

Rock Star - Level 1

Hi @dkshins , 

Welcome to the community.  Here's a link to an old post that implies the door is not available to purchase.  But, @Paul_Vannatto said he had a 3D printer file you could use to make your own.   Since the battery electrical connection is made with the 9V pigtail, I just used gafer's tape to hold the battery in place when I ran into the last broken door. 

https://community.musictribe.com/t5/Performance-Spaces/P1-battery-door-no-replacements/td-p/189336

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver

Volunteer Moderator

@KenMitchell wrote:

But, @Paul_Vannatto said he had a 3D printer file you could use to make your own.   

Boy you sure have a good memory Ken. That offer was over 3 years ago and no one has "bit". So I never got around to making the print file. But I now have it almost done - just have to figure out the latch.

Contributor - Level 3

Hi, Paul!

Contributor - Level 3

Hi Ken!

Thank you for the good information.

Volunteer Moderator

@dkshins wrote:

Where in this world are you located? Do you have a friend nearby that would have a 3D printer (or a library, etc.)? The reason I ask is that the shipping may cost more than the part itself. I'm in Ontario, Canada.

I am currently printing off the first one to check my design.

Contributor - Level 3

Paul, I live in Korea.No friend has a 3D Printer.
But I can find the print shop.

Volunteer Moderator

Hi DongGeun @dkshins ,

Just an update. The first print didn't fit very well and the latch had issues, but didn't break when flexed. I reworked the latch to make it correct. Unfortunately it breaks when flexed. So back to the drawing board. 

Volunteer Moderator

Hi Dongeun @dkshins 

Attached is the battery cover and a front panel cover.

Contributor - Level 3

Thank you very much!!