Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Behringer X32 + SD16 Configuration?

Hi guys!

I'm trying to configure the SD16 the way I want with the X32. So far, 
I have the inputs working correctly. However, I would like to have outputs 1-8 of the SD16 to work as an extra set of XLR Outs 9-16. Is this not possible?

I have the SD16 switch set to 9-16. I also have the latest firmware installed on both devices. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Jose7822 Contributor - Level 3 2020-03-05

2020-03-05

Behringer X32 + SD16 Configuration?

Hi guys!

I have the inputs working correctly. However, I would like to have outputs 1-8 of the SD16 to work as an extra set of XLR Outs 9-16. Is this not possible?

I have the SD16 switch set to 9-16. I also have the latest firmware installed on both devices. Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

Re: Behringer X32 + SD16 Configuration?

@Jose7822 wrote:

Hi guys!

Thanks!

Yes they can and you have set the switch correctly. By default the mixer will output correctly, but routing can be changed. Look at the Routing : AES50 tab and Routing : Out 1-16 tab to make the changesScreen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.31.58 PM.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@Jose7822 wrote:

Hi guys!

Thanks!

Yes they can and you have set the switch correctly. By default the mixer will output correctly, but routing can be changed. Look at the Routing : AES50 tab and Routing : Out 1-16 tab to make the changesScreen Shot 2020-03-05 at 12.31.58 PM.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 2

@Jose7822 

ok...what Dave said...

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Dave,

Thanks so much!! I'll make that change and give that a try .

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

EDIT: Nevermind. This video answered my question:

https://youtu.be/iq-eDbawHsU

BTW, what's the difference between "Local" and "Out"?

Since I'm using the physical outs of the X32 for 4 stereo wireless IEM systems, I'm assuming that I need to set Out 1-8 as Local and then Out 9-16 as AES50 Outs. Is this correct?

Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@Jose7822 

Good Question. Local are signals taken right off the preamps. Out is harder to explain. Out refers to the settings on the Routing : Out 1-16 tab. Depending on firmware and/or which app you use, this can have different names. The Out 1-16 tab is the first stage to assign a bus, matrix, or direct out to an output. These outputs go no where until you assign the second stage such as Card, AES50, XLR. It simultaneously make routing very flexible and confusing.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Dave,

Thanks so much. Confusing is an understatement. I'm completely lost here, lol. Well, not completely but I still don't fully understand all the routing options on the X32 rack.

I think what makes this unintuitive is the naming convention. Perhaps it would've made more sense to call the Out 1-16 Tab "Custom Outs", or something that better describes their function, IMO.

Rock Star - Level 1

@Jose7822 

When I first started with this mixer, I was confused a lot and just tried stuff until it worked. Now I do routing all the time, I still have to think about the labeling once-in-a-while because a few things still seem backward to me.