Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Behringer XR12 link bus1 master volume to Main LR Volume?

Hiya,

Just wondering how one might link the bus1/aux out/monitor volume to the main LR volume slider.

It is likely, that the main LR may be adjusted quite a bit, and I would like the stage monitor to go up and down with the main LR slider, is this possible to link them so they move relative to each other?

(Don't really want the monitor to bleed into the front of house if the main LR is reduced considerably..) 

Many Thanks for any pointers!

Cheers

mbsproperty Contributor - Level 2 2020-02-27

2020-02-27

Behringer XR12 link bus1 master volume to Main LR Volume?

Hiya,

Just wondering how one might link the bus1/aux out/monitor volume to the main LR volume slider.

It is likely, that the main LR may be adjusted quite a bit, and I would like the stage monitor to go up and down with the main LR slider, is this possible to link them so they move relative to each other?

(Don't really want the monitor to bleed into the front of house if the main LR is reduced considerably..) 

Many Thanks for any pointers!

Cheers

  • 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
  • Reply
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Behringer XR12 link bus1 master volume to Main LR Volume?

@mbsproperty 

Hello Mark, welcome to the community.

 

There is not any way to link the Main LR fader with monitor bus master faders. You could assign the bus masters for each of your monitor mixes to one DCA so that a single fader will adjust all the monitor mixes.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Behringer XR12 link bus1 master volume to Main LR Volume?

Hello, and thank you,

Thanks for the quick reply, and suggestion of grouping.

Ehh shame, I am trying to think is there any other way around the system to jiggle ins and outs about, but can't think of any  - as you say, can't link them.  I shall just have to be more aware on the day and manually adjust more stuff than I thought was necessary.   Is there a way to get aux1 and main lr on the same page to adjust together at the same time...haha two devices one for each hand eeek!?

cheers

Mark 

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Behringer XR12 link bus1 master volume to Main LR Volume?


@mbsproperty wrote:

Hello, and thank you,

Thanks for the quick reply, and suggestion of grouping.

Ehh shame, I am trying to think is there any other way around the system to jiggle ins and outs about, but can't think of any  - as you say, can't link them.  I shall just have to be more aware on the day and manually adjust more stuff than I thought was necessary.   Is there a way to get aux1 and main lr on the same page to adjust together at the same time...haha two devices one for each hand eeek!?

cheers

Mark 


@mbsproperty 

Depending on which app you are using, you may be able to arrange the controls to suit your needs.

 

On X-Air Edit (PC or Mac), click on Utility and User 1 or User 2. If you then click Select you can choose which controls to show in the window. In Setup -> GUI Prefs you can set the window to be on top so it is always visible and then move it to a convenient position.

 

On Mixing Station XAir (Android, iOS or PC), you can edit any of the layers by long-clicking them. If you set the number of channels per layer to Auto, you can squeeze a lot of controls on one screen. For ultimate flexibility Mixing Station Pro allows you to create your own screen layout. This is what I use for live mixing with all my X-Air and X32 consoles.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Behringer XR12 link bus1 master volume to Main LR Volume?

Oh wow! thank you!

I have had a play on the pc and on the phone, thanks so much for the pointers!! I guess you have been using the XR stuff for a good while   Thanks for the suggestion of the pro software too.

I have not found how to select two sliders with a mouse on the laptop, but on the phone I have put Main on the Bus Screen and yes two fingers can work together on the same screen, have to keep an eye on the db but its a superb solution to one that was non existant a while ago. 

Cheers!! 

Superhero - Level 3

Re: Behringer XR12 link bus1 master volume to Main LR Volume?


@mbsproperty wrote:

Oh wow! thank you!

I have had a play on the pc and on the phone, thanks so much for the pointers!! I guess you have been using the XR stuff for a good while   Thanks for the suggestion of the pro software too.

I have not found how to select two sliders with a mouse on the laptop, but on the phone I have put Main on the Bus Screen and yes two fingers can work together on the same screen, have to keep an eye on the db but its a superb solution to one that was non existant a while ago. 

Cheers!! 


@mbsproperty 

I'm glad you're having fun with the control apps. IMHO Mixing Station is by far the best app for live mixing.

 

I don't know of any way to move two faders on X-Air Edit - unless they are a stereo-linked pair. One solution is to assign the channels or buses to the same DCA. The DCA fader will control all the assigned channels/buses but you will not see the individual faders move.

 

If you want even more fun with Mixing Station, use an IDCA to link faders. It moves the original faders but keeps the initial offset between them. 

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Behringer XR12 link bus1 master volume to Main LR Volume?

Okay I may well just have a little play with mixing station! IDCA sounds good. Thanks so much for your comments, and for sharing your experience of Mixing Station. Off to learn more about mixing station. Cheers!
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Behringer XR12 link bus1 master volume to Main LR Volume?


@mbsproperty wrote:
Okay I may well just have a little play with mixing station! IDCA sounds good. Thanks so much for your comments, and for sharing your experience of Mixing Station. Off to learn more about mixing station. Cheers!

@mbsproperty 

Have fun with that. In case you haven't seen it, here is a link to Mixing Station Documentation.