Behringer "Planet Earth" 110v-240v switching power supply PPA500bt and others
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Hi everyone,

I bought a Behringer Ppa500bt Portable powered system in the US and have taken it to Australia where the power is 240v. Prior to buying, I saw it advertised with these features:

[INDENT]
"Switching power supply (100-240 V), just change out the power cable to the appropriate power connections (not included), then swap out the fuse for the power being used in that particular location" [/INDENT]
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1025687-REG/behringer_europort_ppa500bt_500w_6ch_portable_pa....

And the brochures have this, also common to other Behringer devices :

[INDENT]“Planet Earth” switching power
supply for maximum fl exibility
(100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio,
superior transient response plus
low power consumption for
energy saving[/INDENT]

Now, having brought it to Australia, I've noticed that at the IEC plug, there is a sticker which reads "110—120v, fuse T5A H 250V“.

I presume that I just need to change the fuse to a 3.15A fuse as listed in the manual. However, I'm reading on the forums that there should be a switch or internal jumper to change the voltage.

Underneath the sticker, peeling it off, there is no voltage listed, which makes me believe it's not hard wired, but designed to be changed?

Can anyone please shed some light? Thanks
ThaiHong Contributor - Level 1 2018-09-01

2018-09-01

Hi everyone,

I bought a Behringer Ppa500bt Portable powered system in the US and have taken it to Australia where the power is 240v. Prior to buying, I saw it advertised with these features:

[INDENT]
"Switching power supply (100-240 V), just change out the power cable to the appropriate power connections (not included), then swap out the fuse for the power being used in that particular location" [/INDENT]
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1025687-REG/behringer_europort_ppa500bt_500w_6ch_portable_pa.html

And the brochures have this, also common to other Behringer devices :

[INDENT]“Planet Earth” switching power
supply for maximum fl exibility
(100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio,
superior transient response plus
low power consumption for
energy saving[/INDENT]

Now, having brought it to Australia, I've noticed that at the IEC plug, there is a sticker which reads "110—120v, fuse T5A H 250V“.

I presume that I just need to change the fuse to a 3.15A fuse as listed in the manual. However, I'm reading on the forums that there should be a switch or internal jumper to change the voltage.

Underneath the sticker, peeling it off, there is no voltage listed, which makes me believe it's not hard wired, but designed to be changed?

Can anyone please shed some light? Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: Behringer "Planet Earth" 110v-240v switching power supply PPA500bt and others

Did you solve it?

I like to do the reverse process, i have an 240V PPA2000BT system and i will go to Colombia where i will have 110V power connection.

Can you tell me about how to do the change of voltage in this speakers?

Thanks