Contributor - Level 1

Complicated X32 setup

I have a venue that only has one shielded cat5e cable running from front of house to the stage rack where two of the three S16's live. They recently acquired a second X32 and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to have both consoles at front of house sharing the one cat5e (AES50A out of X32-A into X32-B, AES50B to stage rack). I am hoping to be able to have one console look at 32 channels of the snake and the other look at the other 16. Does anyone know if this is possible?

tunkel Contributor - Level 1 2019-10-29

2019-10-29

Complicated X32 setup

I have a venue that only has one shielded cat5e cable running from front of house to the stage rack where two of the three S16's live. They recently acquired a second X32 and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to have both consoles at front of house sharing the one cat5e (AES50A out of X32-A into X32-B, AES50B to stage rack). I am hoping to be able to have one console look at 32 channels of the snake and the other look at the other 16. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Highlighted
Rising Star - Level 2

Re: Complicated X32 setup

@tunkel 

Yes. The AES50 cable can handle 48 channels in each direction. 32 and 16 is not a problem. Just have the 2nd use AES50 33-48 as it's inputs. Daisy chain one console to the other and make sure only one is the master clock.