Contributor - Level 2

Connect to computer with Berhinger 1202FX soundboard???

I just got the Behringer 1202FX sound board. I am wondering how to hook it up for use with my usb audio interface, The Scarlett 2i2 from Focusrite. I have very little clue on how to proceed. Thank you
Tags (1)
NathanMorgan Contributor - Level 2 2015-04-13

2015-04-13

Connect to computer with Berhinger 1202FX soundboard???

I just got the Behringer 1202FX sound board. I am wondering how to hook it up for use with my usb audio interface, The Scarlett 2i2 from Focusrite. I have very little clue on how to proceed. Thank you

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Connect to computer with Berhinger 1202FX soundboard???

Hi Nathan,

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately that model does not have a USB interface. If you do require that, I would suggest getting the 1204USB model.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Nathan Morgan;46946 wrote:

I think he's got an interface and wants to know the best way to connect it.

The answer depends on your needs Nathan!

A good way to start is to hook up the

left and right line inputs of the interface to the left and right tape output RCAs
left and right line outputs of the interface to the left and right tape ins
left and right control room outputs to your monitor speakers
(turn the speakers OFF for tracking, on for mixdown)
headphones to headphone jack (you can Y a few identical headphones for artists here)

set CD/tape to mix OFF (switch up)
set CD/tape to Ctrl room ON (switch down)
turn FX to main to 0
turn down all FX sends to 0

For tracking, DO NOT turn on the tape to main mix button or you'll record the computers playback mixed with any new input.

This setup works well for recording all inputs simultaneously - as you would do to record a group in a single pass or live.

You need to set your DAW software's monitoring options appropriately or you'll simultaneously hear your live mix and the DAW output (which is going to sound weird and echoey).

Alternately for tracking, it's sometimes convenient to be able to select a single recording output without repatching, so on my non FX 1202, I sometimes connect the FX output to an interface input instead of using the tape outputs. That way, only the channel(s) whose FX send is up is recorded (i.e. for an overdub), while all the rest of the channels can still be heard in the control room mix.

I don't know if this will work on your FX version since I don't know if the FX output jack takes it's signal after the FX to main knob or not (my mixer has no FX to main knob - instead it's a master for the FX send. The manual for yours seems to indicate that you can still use the FX send output with the FX to main knob down so that no effects are in use.

hope this gets you started - several other variations are useful depending on exactly what you are trying to record.

M
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you so much this helps me in a great way

Mario Vano;47013 wrote:
I think he's got an interface and wants to know the best way to connect it.

The answer depends on your needs Nathan!

A good way to start is to hook up the

left and right line inputs of the interface to the left and right tape output RCAs
left and right line outputs of the interface to the left and right tape ins
left and right control room outputs to your monitor speakers
(turn the speakers OFF for tracking, on for mixdown)
headphones to headphone jack (you can Y a few identical headphones for artists here)

set CD/tape to mix OFF (switch up)
set CD/tape to Ctrl room ON (switch down)
turn FX to main to 0
turn down all FX sends to 0

For tracking, DO NOT turn on the tape to main mix button or you'll record the computers playback mixed with any new input.

This setup works well for recording all inputs simultaneously - as you would do to record a group in a single pass or live.

You need to set your DAW software's monitoring options appropriately or you'll simultaneously hear your live mix and the DAW output (which is going to sound weird and echoey).

Alternately for tracking, it's sometimes convenient to be able to select a single recording output without repatching, so on my non FX 1202, I sometimes connect the FX output to an interface input instead of using the tape outputs. That way, only the channel(s) whose FX send is up is recorded (i.e. for an overdub), while all the rest of the channels can still be heard in the control room mix.

I don't know if this will work on your FX version since I don't know if the FX output jack takes it's signal after the FX to main knob or not (my mixer has no FX to main knob - instead it's a master for the FX send. The manual for yours seems to indicate that you can still use the FX send output with the FX to main knob down so that no effects are in use.

hope this gets you started - several other variations are useful depending on exactly what you are trying to record.

M

Thank you so much this helps me in a great way
Contributor - Level 2

Your advice Helped a great deal thank you!
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Sir

What kind of cords can one use in connecting a behringer 1202fx mixer board to a focusrite scarlet 6i6 2nd generation USB soundcard

What kind of cords will one use specificly for this linking 

Kindly help with pictures on the conection flow from microphone to mixer to scarlet 6i6 and then to computer and how control the situation to enable smooth recording in a studio

Contributor - Level 3

Just a pair of standard TRS jack to jack cables plugged from the Main Out L and R of the mixer to the Line Inputs 1 and 2 on the back of the 6i6.