Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Connecting a sub to X1204FX

Hi guys, i know this is probably a basic question and very easy to answer,but i'd just like some assistance if you guys dont mind.

I currently have a Behringer x1204FX, Two top speakers(Inputs are RCA) and Behringer VQ1500D(1 Sub)

I know i can connect the L and R tops via the Main outputs on the rear of the mixer,but for the subwoofer would i want to use the ALT 3-4 outputs so i can individually control the volume of the sub and tops, or would there be a better way to wire this up

jordan farrell
Mr_Jordan Contributor - Level 1 2020-05-16

2020-05-16

Connecting a sub to X1204FX

Hi guys, i know this is probably a basic question and very easy to answer,but i'd just like some assistance if you guys dont mind.

I currently have a Behringer x1204FX, Two top speakers(Inputs are RCA) and Behringer VQ1500D(1 Sub)

I know i can connect the L and R tops via the Main outputs on the rear of the mixer,but for the subwoofer would i want to use the ALT 3-4 outputs so i can individually control the volume of the sub and tops, or would there be a better way to wire this up

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Re: Connecting a sub to X1204FX

@Mr_Jordan 

Hello Jordan, welcome to the community.

The problem with using the Alt 3-4 buses is that you would need to route specific channels to them and they would be removed from the Main mix. You could play tricks by connecting the 2-Track output to a spare stereo channel and routing that to Alt 3-4 but it's messy.

I would connect the Main outputs to the sub's inputs and connect the sub's high-pass outputs to the top speakers. This should give the most benefit from the sub.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

@Mr_Jordan 

Hello Jordan, welcome to the community.

The problem with using the Alt 3-4 buses is that you would need to route specific channels to them and they would be removed from the Main mix. You could play tricks by connecting the 2-Track output to a spare stereo channel and routing that to Alt 3-4 but it's messy.

I would connect the Main outputs to the sub's inputs and connect the sub's high-pass outputs to the top speakers. This should give the most benefit from the sub.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Awesome,thanks so much for the advice and the welcome !

jordan farrell