Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

EPS500MP3 or 2x B205D? What do you think

I need 2x stage monitors to supplement my existing kit, I really don't want to cart another amp around with me and large active speakers are a little out of my price range and overkill for what I need.
I quite like the idea of having a small PA system for those times when I don't need my full setup, so this is another nice-to-have, so I have narrowed this down to either the EPS500MP3 or two B205Ds, both these options give me a little PA (or two) and two speakers I can use as monitors when I need the full setup.
Any thoughts?
The B205D seems ideal, but I am a bit worried it might be just a little small, plus I have heard they are a little prone to feedback, I could possibly feed 2x AUX outs to each monitor though and allow the artist to do their own mix, which is nice. The EPS500 is that bit bigger but I am unsure how well I will be able to send a different mix to each speaker, it's not clear in the manual.
Does anyone have any thoughts, or alternative suggestions, but keeping around the £300 mark as a ballpark?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.
AndrewNewton Contributor - Level 3 2018-07-30

2018-07-30

EPS500MP3 or 2x B205D? What do you think

I need 2x stage monitors to supplement my existing kit, I really don't want to cart another amp around with me and large active speakers are a little out of my price range and overkill for what I need.
I quite like the idea of having a small PA system for those times when I don't need my full setup, so this is another nice-to-have, so I have narrowed this down to either the EPS500MP3 or two B205Ds, both these options give me a little PA (or two) and two speakers I can use as monitors when I need the full setup.
Any thoughts?
The B205D seems ideal, but I am a bit worried it might be just a little small, plus I have heard they are a little prone to feedback, I could possibly feed 2x AUX outs to each monitor though and allow the artist to do their own mix, which is nice. The EPS500 is that bit bigger but I am unsure how well I will be able to send a different mix to each speaker, it's not clear in the manual.
Does anyone have any thoughts, or alternative suggestions, but keeping around the £300 mark as a ballpark?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies