Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Foot switch for XENYX QX1002USB

I use a XENYX QX1002USB for vocal live performances in small clubs since I love the small size, the reverb and the compressor of this mixer. The only missing thing (for me) is the possibility to plug in a foot switch for turning off the reverb during the songs (for announcements).

Is there any possibilty to add this feature to this mixer? I have no problems with opening the housing and soldering a cable with plug socket to the mainboard. If the effect processor is the same as in the larger mixers (which have a socket for a foot switch) it might only be necessary to find the correct pins on the mainboard which must be connected to a foot switch.

Any idea how to connect a foot switch to the mixer would be very appreciated.

Dieter
Tags (1)
DieterPellkofer Contributor - Level 2 2014-07-02

2014-07-02

Foot switch for XENYX QX1002USB

I use a XENYX QX1002USB for vocal live performances in small clubs since I love the small size, the reverb and the compressor of this mixer. The only missing thing (for me) is the possibility to plug in a foot switch for turning off the reverb during the songs (for announcements).

Is there any possibilty to add this feature to this mixer? I have no problems with opening the housing and soldering a cable with plug socket to the mainboard. If the effect processor is the same as in the larger mixers (which have a socket for a foot switch) it might only be necessary to find the correct pins on the mainboard which must be connected to a foot switch.

Any idea how to connect a foot switch to the mixer would be very appreciated.

Dieter

• 0 Kudos
  • 7 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Foot switch for XENYX QX1002USB

Theoretically You could try to hijack the FX mix pot and add an on/off switch, but it's likely soldered directly into the board. and there wouldn't be any room to put it back in and have the pot fit correctly.

Sorry mate.

It does however, have an FX Send, you could run that to another device that had a footswitch that you could run from a rack, but it would probably be better (cheaper) to just get a vocal processor pedal that could go in between the mic and the board. Then you can use the onboard effect for a little reverb for the instrument and separate settings for your vocal.
"A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Brian Monroe;27285 wrote:
Theoretically You could try to hijack the FX mix pot and add an on/off switch, but it's likely soldered directly into the board. and there wouldn't be any room to put it back in and have the pot fit correctly.

Good idea, I will check whether the FX mix pot is accessible.

I thought the FX processer may have an input pin for switching FX on/off which simply might not be connected in the small mixer (in contrast to the larger mixer which have a foot switch socket). Then I could simply solder a cable with an external socket to this pin and use a regular foot switch.

It does however, have an FX Send, you could run that to another device that had a footswitch that you could run from a rack, but it would probably be better (cheaper) to just get a vocal processor pedal that could go in between the mic and the board. Then you can use the onboard effect for a little reverb for the instrument and separate settings for your vocal.

Yes, I have a vocal processor pedal which I could use. I like the integrated FX processor of the mixer more and in addition a simple foot switch would be smaller and does not need a separate power plug. Thus I would prefer a foot switch solution.

Thanks for your help.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

You could just use an A B switcher, set up a dry channel and a wet channel on the desk and switch via a one in two out box to the channel of choice?

Kev
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I am still looking for a one cable solution to toggle the effect of this mixer with a normal foof switch. Does anybody know if the XENYX QX1002USB has the same FX processor as the XENYX QX1204USB which has a foot switch socket? If yes, this would mean that there must be a pin at the FX processor for turning FX on/off.

And has anybody a wiring diagram of the XENYX QX1002USB which could be useful.

Thanks in advance
Dieter
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Dieter Pellkofer;35979 wrote:
Does anybody know if the XENYX QX1002USB has the same FX processor as the XENYX QX1204USB which has a foot switch socket? If yes, this would mean that there must be a pin at the FX processor for turning FX on/off.

The same chipset doens't mean there's going to be the same pinout for peripherals. There would have to be a daughter board with the chipset on it, which doens't make a lot of sense since it would be cheaper to just do one board that fits the form factor. Sorry man.
"A mind stretched by an idea can never return to it's original dimensions." -Isaac Newton
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

saludos tengo una mixer bhringer modelo xenyx qx1002 usb, necesito saber como descargar los driver, agradezco me puedan ayudar. 

Highlighted
Superhero - Level 3

Hola @83970719 , bienvenidos a la comunidad.

No debería necesitar instalar ningún controlador especial para usar el QX1002USB con PC con Windows o Mac.