Contributor - Level 2

Help Needed! Aux-Out Question

Hey Everyone,

At our church we recently did a complete overhaul of our stage wiring and added a S32 off-stage and connected to our X32. We are between sound guys at the moment and with my limited (but growing) knowledge, we were able to pull off this seemingly monumental feat of getting sound going again. And pretty much got things working the way they used to. Which leads me to my first question...

We used to have a feed from the board to some speakers mounted in the lobby and also at our Mother/Baby room. With the addition of the S32, we cut/pulled the analog snake out of the way, and in the process apparently cut a separate cable feeding an A/V receiver in our lobby closet that powers said speakers. I cant seem to get this lobby feed working again. I purchased a new 50ft RCA to 3.5mm cable, along with a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter and attempted to plug into Aux-Out (6), running the RCA end to the receiver input. At the board there was an existing "Lobby" assigned at Bus12. I went into config section, tabbed over to Aux-Out (6) and directed/assigned it to Bus12. I tried changing tap at Bus12 to Main, Mono, Post Fader, etc. Did the same for Aux-Out 6. Nothing worked. Can someone tell me what I'm missing? Its gotta be something config related, right? It seems its not sending the signal out?

Thanks in advance.
Tags (1)
BrentDoak Contributor - Level 2 2018-03-13

2018-03-13

Help Needed! Aux-Out Question

Hey Everyone,

At our church we recently did a complete overhaul of our stage wiring and added a S32 off-stage and connected to our X32. We are between sound guys at the moment and with my limited (but growing) knowledge, we were able to pull off this seemingly monumental feat of getting sound going again. And pretty much got things working the way they used to. Which leads me to my first question...

We used to have a feed from the board to some speakers mounted in the lobby and also at our Mother/Baby room. With the addition of the S32, we cut/pulled the analog snake out of the way, and in the process apparently cut a separate cable feeding an A/V receiver in our lobby closet that powers said speakers. I cant seem to get this lobby feed working again. I purchased a new 50ft RCA to 3.5mm cable, along with a 3.5mm to 1/4" adapter and attempted to plug into Aux-Out (6), running the RCA end to the receiver input. At the board there was an existing "Lobby" assigned at Bus12. I went into config section, tabbed over to Aux-Out (6) and directed/assigned it to Bus12. I tried changing tap at Bus12 to Main, Mono, Post Fader, etc. Did the same for Aux-Out 6. Nothing worked. Can someone tell me what I'm missing? Its gotta be something config related, right? It seems its not sending the signal out?

Thanks in advance.

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Contributor - Level 3

Re: Help Needed! Aux-Out Question

From the config side: Routing>Aux Out
Output6: Bus12, Post Fader.

Ensure that the bus12 master is turned up, is un-muted via it's main mute switch, DCAs and mutegroups, and that he channel(s) feeding bus12 are assigned correctly and are also unmuted.

Checking the meters>mixbus and meters>aux/fx pages should help you see where there is and isn't signal.

Apart from that, although the TRS aux out sockets are balanced, the RCA end of the cable isn't. Running 50' of unbalanced cable is ambitious.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Help Needed! Aux-Out Question

Got it! Totally amateur hour over here.

Everything was configured/routed properly just forgot to feed the intended channels into Bus12. Facepalm!

Its now working as intended. Thank you Craig for the sense check.