Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Help understanding the drum module HDS 110

I am an old guy who decided to learn drums before i die. But I cannot figure out how to use the module for the electronic drum set HDS110. Yes, I am easily confused but has anyone made a video on using the 'voices', 'kits' and 'patterns' on this thing? I understand the save/record. but when I turn it off and on it resets to default; how do I find and keep a set up I like? OK, I am a beginner but I've worked with this for months now and am frustrated. What I would like is an explanation of how these things interrelate and how to set up and keep a sound I like for each instrument. Also the volume seems very low but that is another problem. Many thanks for any help at all.
Once I do understand it, I promise to make a video for other beginners and put it on youtube. !!
Tags (3)
PhilChenevert Contributor - Level 1 2015-09-11

2015-09-11

Help understanding the drum module HDS 110

I am an old guy who decided to learn drums before i die. But I cannot figure out how to use the module for the electronic drum set HDS110. Yes, I am easily confused but has anyone made a video on using the 'voices', 'kits' and 'patterns' on this thing? I understand the save/record. but when I turn it off and on it resets to default; how do I find and keep a set up I like? OK, I am a beginner but I've worked with this for months now and am frustrated. What I would like is an explanation of how these things interrelate and how to set up and keep a sound I like for each instrument. Also the volume seems very low but that is another problem. Many thanks for any help at all.
Once I do understand it, I promise to make a video for other beginners and put it on youtube. !!

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Help understanding the drum module HDS 110

Phil I can't seem to find the HDS110 anywhere. Are you sure it's a Behringer product?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Tony Hermosillo;59414 wrote:
Phil I can't seem to find the HDS110 anywhere. Are you sure it's a Behringer product?

Yes Tony. It is the module that works the Behringer XD8USB 8-piece Electronic Drum Set. That is what is confusing to me. The handbook does not explain it to me at all. (sorry for the long delay in responding, my house was flooded and we are just back in).
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I have that unit. When it is turned on, it defaults to drumset 1. Drumsets 11-15 are the user programmable ones. When you turn it on, push the minus button and it will roll back to kit 15, so you can get to the user kits quick. Behringer has a few uTubes on this kit but I didn't bother watching them.
Anytime, press the kit button and you will only affect the current kit. Then press the voice button. At this time, press the signal button on the controller OR strike the chosen pad.Now, you can use the plus and minus buttons to change the chosen sound. If you don't change the sound number, you can press the volume button to increase or decrease the levels with the +/- buttons.
It's been a while since I changed voices, but IF the display flashes, just press the save button on the right.
Initially 11-15 kits are the same as kit 1. My kit 12 uses the right front tom as a ride rock bell sound. No cowbell sound, suck! So I programmed my snare rim to be a wood block replacement for a cowbell. My kit 15 is percussion only with the front toms as timbales, the snare and side tom as congas, the snare rim is a long guiro, and the 2 front cymbals are bongos. For some reason I could not get the hihat to change for a guiro as I desired.
My owner's manual was completely lacking the voices and kits chart! Now THAT truely sucked. I downloaded the drum manual and printed that out, other wise I was screwed.
I did find that the design of the bass pedal trigger floor board was poor and the pedal would back off of it easily while playing. I ground out an indent section in the middle of it, dremeled away the existing groove bigger on the pedal clamp and now it holds VERY well to the raised section.
I do wish the cables to the pads were individual for easy replacement vice all going into a big DIN 25 plug.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

HDS110USB voice list

If someone has the download link to the HDS110USB voice list, I would love it. My friend has this kit and we finally found the user guide online. It would be great to have the list of 123 voices.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Re: HDS110USB voice list

Here ya go. Does anyone know if you can adjust the high hat pedal?........

https://media63.music-group.com/media/sys_master/hb5/h58/8850039210014.pdf

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, that is the model for the module of the Behringer XD8USB.