Contributor - Level 2

IQ Speakers

I've just noticed that the intended range of IQ powered speakers with Turbosound drivers have been taken off the Behringer product page.

Is this an indication that they are to be released soon? Or are they so far behind from being produced that Behringer are having a product rethink?

Personally I can't wait for their release of a 2500kw active speaker with Turbosound drivers running on cat 5.

Fingers crossed X
Tags (1)
JohnOrmerod Contributor - Level 2 2013-12-03

2013-12-03

IQ Speakers

I've just noticed that the intended range of IQ powered speakers with Turbosound drivers have been taken off the Behringer product page.

Is this an indication that they are to be released soon? Or are they so far behind from being produced that Behringer are having a product rethink?

Personally I can't wait for their release of a 2500kw active speaker with Turbosound drivers running on cat 5.

Fingers crossed X

• 0 Kudos
  • 22 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: IQ Speakers

Dear John,
We are planning to ship the first iQ speakers in Q1 of 2014.
Since the introduction we have added more functionality and improved X32 integration with the iQ series speakers. This includes much improved networking capability and remote management from the X32 including an even larger selection of famous modeled speaker types and speaker management right from the X32. These features will greatly improve the X32 ecosystem of products.
Now that TURBOSOUND is part of MUSIC Group, we have asked their acoustic engineers to do the overall sound tuning of the iQ speakers.These features have delayed the release but will dramatically improve the iQ speaker models and certainly be worth the wait.

Thanks for your patience.
Let's keep in touch, John DiNicola Manager, Customer Experience, Engagement MUSIC Group BEHRINGER
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Hi John, I found, that iQ series is now on Turbosound websites as a TS manufacturer. It look, that is the same as iQ from Behringer. Will be manufactured iQ as a Behringer, or Turbosound?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Hello. I'm very interested in the IQ series as well, and was wondering: my current system has four compact front-loaded dual 18" subs (powered by iNuke6000DSPs, of course). I don't want to go back to single 18 cabs. Is there any thought about building compact dual 18s for the IQ series? Small, possibly flyable, yet solidly loud (3000-6000 watts/cab) would be brilliant, in my opinion. Is anything like that on the table?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Impressive if the iQ8 can deliver the quoted 2500watts performance from one 8" driver.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

We are looking for a mid room set of speakers to be able to overcome the low ceiling sound attenuation we find in many of the venues we play in. The idea is to place some FOH speakers further down the room in these situations so the volume can be more uniform through the room. Will these IQ speakers come in a lower wattage i.e about 250 watts ? and If so what kind of price range is being projected ? We need to budget now.

John
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

if your going that route, get the eurocom Passive ones, they sound amazing and will work with the situation you are in, what church are you pricing for and i can help ya, just PM me your number and i can chat with ya about it!

John Ness
Highlighted
Super Contributor - Level 2

2500W. For how long? Continuous? 50ms?
Indianapolis, IN
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

I think that 2500W number is peak... not RMS. That said, wattage doesn't matter too much in the realm of powered speakers. If I were to guess, the RMS wattage would be somewhere around ~1200W.
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Anyone found the IQ speakers actually AVAILABLE yet?

This delay is becoming very tedious.