Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

IQ Ultranet Configuration Advice

Afternoon all!

I have a new Turbosound IQ system on its way to me as I type and I have a routing question that I hope you knowledgeable people can help me with.

I've ordered 2 x IQ15 and 1 x IQ15B sub.

I already have a Midas MR-18 and want to run the IQ's via Ultranet.

Is it possible to run the sub in mono (L&R Summed) then daisy chain out to the IQ15's?

So for clarity:

P-16 output1 = Main L&R IQ15B
P-16 output 2 = Main L IQ15
P-16 output 2 = Main R IQ15

Thanks in advance.
JasonChambers Contributor - Level 2 2018-05-19

2018-05-19

IQ Ultranet Configuration Advice

Afternoon all!

I have a new Turbosound IQ system on its way to me as I type and I have a routing question that I hope you knowledgeable people can help me with.

I've ordered 2 x IQ15 and 1 x IQ15B sub.

I already have a Midas MR-18 and want to run the IQ's via Ultranet.

Is it possible to run the sub in mono (L&R Summed) then daisy chain out to the IQ15's?

So for clarity:

P-16 output1 = Main L&R IQ15B
P-16 output 2 = Main L IQ15
P-16 output 2 = Main R IQ15

Thanks in advance.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: IQ Ultranet Configuration Advice

Well, sort of. There is no dedicated mono bus on the mr-18 but you can use either of the L or R as your source since sub info is 99% in mono.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

I thought that might be the case.

Things like stereo keys could be an issue though, although I know it's likely to be cut above the sub frequency.
Volunteer Moderator

Stereo keys should not be a problem unless the keyboard patch is wrongly programmed.

Most PA’s is run as dual mono and assume a low-passed mono sub.

I agree though that a patch that is programmed using stereo fx will many times sound bad in general on a mono system. On my keys I try to make make sure to have both a mono and a stereo version of my patches available so that I can adapt to a mono or stereo PA. This is generally an issue with mono monitoring as well since the keyboard player will find his sound to sound weak or similar.
Robert Lofgren | Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos and/or mark it as a solution!