Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

IQ8 as monitor wedge

So I bought some IQ8's to use as a monitor wedge and they work great except unbeknownst to me at the time of the purchase I did not realize the enclosure does not have a suitable angle on one site to be used as a wedge on a stage.  

Has anyone come across any kind of base or adapter to give the speaker a different angle when laying on it's side that is more appropriate as a stage monitor wedge?

Thanks!

BrettGilbert Contributor - Level 3 2020-01-28

2020-01-28

IQ8 as monitor wedge

So I bought some IQ8's to use as a monitor wedge and they work great except unbeknownst to me at the time of the purchase I did not realize the enclosure does not have a suitable angle on one site to be used as a wedge on a stage.  

Has anyone come across any kind of base or adapter to give the speaker a different angle when laying on it's side that is more appropriate as a stage monitor wedge?

Thanks!

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Highlighted
Volunteer Moderator

Re: IQ8 as monitor wedge

Hi Brett @BrettGilbert 

I don't have the iQ8, but do have the iQ10 and iQ12 and they both have a side with the proper angle for wedges. It is only on one side, though. 

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Highlighted
Rock Star - Level 1

@Paul_Vannatto @BrettGilbert I have a question for both of you, how do the iq 10's and 8's work as monitors. I've been thinking of getting either or. I used some of the newer QSC 10 inch powered monitors last summer and was very impressed. I didn't think one could get such great sound out of a small speaker but they were just great. I would suspect the iq would be just as good and the Ultranet perk always sways me their way.  QSC has similar power, but the IQ seems like a better fit for my other things. Curious.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

@Paul_Vannatto The IQ8 has a a symetrical trapezoid shape, both the left and right side are the same angle, I was really surprised... just seems like a big oversight...
Contributor - Level 3

@GaryHiggins I don't know how it would match up with a drum kit on stage but the IQ8 has a very impressive output, a lot for such a tiny package.  I have yet to try to see how loud it can get before it begins to clip.