Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

Is EUROPORT EPS500MP3 stereo?

Hi all, this might be a silly question but I can't find a definitive answer.
I am looking at the EUROPORT EPS500MP3 as a PA which is more portable than my main setup, but I also want to use it as an extra pair of monitors for use on stage, supplementing my main rig.
To use it as a pair of stage monitors I want a different output from each speaker, but there is no 'pan' control on the inbuilt mixer, so I assume the output of the mic/line inputs is mono. However the AUX input has a L & R channel, I assume this is stereo output to the left and right speakers, which means I could possibly use this to patch 2 AUX sends from my main mixer to the two separate speakers on the EPS500.
I realise this is a huge assumption, can anyone tell me if it will work, or is it just mono throughout?
Thanks in advance,
Andrew.
AndrewNewton Contributor - Level 3 2018-07-28

2018-07-28

Is EUROPORT EPS500MP3 stereo?

Hi all, this might be a silly question but I can't find a definitive answer.
I am looking at the EUROPORT EPS500MP3 as a PA which is more portable than my main setup, but I also want to use it as an extra pair of monitors for use on stage, supplementing my main rig.
To use it as a pair of stage monitors I want a different output from each speaker, but there is no 'pan' control on the inbuilt mixer, so I assume the output of the mic/line inputs is mono. However the AUX input has a L & R channel, I assume this is stereo output to the left and right speakers, which means I could possibly use this to patch 2 AUX sends from my main mixer to the two separate speakers on the EPS500.
I realise this is a huge assumption, can anyone tell me if it will work, or is it just mono throughout?
Thanks in advance,
Andrew.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies