Contributor - Level 3

M Air App - Saving the whole BUS MIX

Is there anyway to save someone’s Stereo Bus Mix, which includes saving and recalling the following...

Bus 1 & 2 linked for stereo coming out of Aux 1 & 2. Master Bus Fader including Bus Input, EQ, Comp, etc. All Bus Channel Level Faders, including Pan setting, Rev Setting.

Im trying to do this with Snapshots, but I’m not sure what setting to choose, & if it can be done. 

5C1A4B66-BCC4-4C98-8F19-A1DBBF65E77B.png

micdim Contributor - Level 3 2019-10-03

2019-10-03

M Air App - Saving the whole BUS MIX

Is there anyway to save someone’s Stereo Bus Mix, which includes saving and recalling the following...

Bus 1 & 2 linked for stereo coming out of Aux 1 & 2. Master Bus Fader including Bus Input, EQ, Comp, etc. All Bus Channel Level Faders, including Pan setting, Rev Setting.

Im trying to do this with Snapshots, but I’m not sure what setting to choose, & if it can be done. 

5C1A4B66-BCC4-4C98-8F19-A1DBBF65E77B.png

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: M Air App - Saving the whole BUS MIX

@micdim wrote:

Yes it can be done, but not with snapshots or the iPad. The problem with the snapshot recall scope is that it is not granular enough and the problem with the iPad is that it saves scenes in a proprietary (and binary) format. Use the X-Air Edit (PC, Mac, linux or Raspberry Pi) and save to a scene file. Then import that file into X-Air Scene Parser. Select the desired channel and bus filters and parse. Then use standard editing tools (cut, delete, etc.) to removed unwanted OSC command lines. Finally output the results to a modified scene file that will function in the same manner as a snippet (on X32/M32 consoles).

I'm in the process of developing a macro button to make this easier, but haven't completed it yet.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 3

Re: M Air App - Saving the whole BUS MIX

Thanks for your reply Paul, much appreciate, and great explanation!

However this is way too complicated just to save a Bus mix. It’s unfortunate that there’s no easy way, since we use various performers and every time a new person fills he has to make anew mix, and then the person previous has to do it all again if they come back.

thanks again!