Contributor - Level 2

M32 + M32R + 2 DL16 monitor setup help

Hello, I'm seeking some assistance with an M32, M32R & 2 DL16 rig for a show coming up very soon. I will have the M32 at FOH, the M32R for monitors, both connected to the two linked DL16. I will need at least 10 to 12 mixes / outputs for monitors. Will I be able to have them all on the stage boxes, will they have to be split between the M32R and one of the DL16 outputs or will it have to be all from the M32R? If you could please explain to me the routing configuration I will need to apply to the setup to make this work and try before the show. Thanks for your help!

Tags (1)
Frenchy Contributor - Level 2 2019-11-03

2019-11-03

M32 + M32R + 2 DL16 monitor setup help

Hello, I'm seeking some assistance with an M32, M32R & 2 DL16 rig for a show coming up very soon. I will have the M32 at FOH, the M32R for monitors, both connected to the two linked DL16. I will need at least 10 to 12 mixes / outputs for monitors. Will I be able to have them all on the stage boxes, will they have to be split between the M32R and one of the DL16 outputs or will it have to be all from the M32R? If you could please explain to me the routing configuration I will need to apply to the setup to make this work and try before the show. Thanks for your help!

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Volunteer Moderator

Re: M32 + M32R + 2 DL16 monitor setup help

Hi Gareth @Frenchy ,

I provided the answer to this setup when you asked for it back in march (see post here). Did this not work?

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!
Contributor - Level 2

Hi @Paul_Vannatto Thank you I completely forgot I asked this months ago and you had sent me some info. For that previous event we were going to use M32 consoles but the hire company had to upgrade us due to stock confusion so we used pro series consoles in stead. 

Just gone over what you sent me the previous time. We now have our own consoles. I will try this out this week to make sure it fully works.

One quick question regarding FOH preamp control. will the pre amps be controled from the channel page or will the FOH engineer have to go to he pre amp page to control them?

Volunteer Moderator

@Frenchy wrote:

One quick question regarding FOH preamp control. will the pre amps be controled from the channel page or will the FOH engineer have to go to he pre amp page to control them?

By default, the console closest to the preamps (stageboxes, etc) has control of the preamps. If you want to relinquish control to another console, you would do it by going to the Setup, preamps and select the appropriate HA Remote. For example, if the M32 FOH has the AES50 cable connected to the M32 MON A port, then select the AES50 Port A (on the M32 MON console). That would relinquish control to the console on the A port.

If you want to have digital trim for each channel on each console, select the HA Gain Split (also on Setup, Preamps screen). That will provide a +-18 db digital trim control on each channel strip of each console. That also means that the console that has the physical preamp control will need to adjust the gains and phantom on it's Setup, preamps screen.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator. Did you find my post helpful? Give kudos or mark it as a solution!