Contributor - Level 3

MR -18 channel 1 - Kick only right side

Hi everyone,

i have our drummers kick on ch 1, it’s coming out Center on everyone’s mix except our drummers Bus 3/4 stereo mix. His kick is coming out only on the right side of his mix. All his other channels are coming out panned correctly. I’m perplexed and can’t figure out why.

any ideas?

micdim Contributor - Level 3 2019-10-05

2019-10-05

MR -18 channel 1 - Kick only right side

Hi everyone,

i have our drummers kick on ch 1, it’s coming out Center on everyone’s mix except our drummers Bus 3/4 stereo mix. His kick is coming out only on the right side of his mix. All his other channels are coming out panned correctly. I’m perplexed and can’t figure out why.

any ideas?

• 0 Kudos
  • 6 Replies
Valued Contributor - Level 1

Re: MR -18 channel 1 - Kick only right side

Hi Michael ( @micdim ), 

This best thing to do is to use XAir Edit to save a scene file and post it here so we can take a look at your settings. Click on 'Choose File" in the lower left when replying.  

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Contributor - Level 3

Hi Ken,

thx for your reply!

I think there is some anomalities in the software or the unit itself, because tonight with same setting it was fine again? No changes to settings.

i think MIdas nay need to look into this, because we’ve had some other strange things happen like Master & Bus levels spike after coming back from 1st set.  No one changing anything?

Rising Star - Level 1

@micdim 

@micdim wrote:

Master & Bus levels spike after coming back from 1st set.  No one changing anything?

Are you using a digital snake connected to a DL32 or DL16?

Valued Contributor - Level 1

@DaveMorrison  - The MR18 doesn't have AES50 so no DL32 or DL16 in play. 

@micdim , Still worth posting a scene just to make sure there aren't any DCAs, etc. messing with you.

Ken

If you want "Loud", then run a piece of sheet metal through a table saw. --Ivan Beaver
Rising Star - Level 1

@KenMitchell 

I forgot which mixer we were talking about😟

Contributor - Level 3

Thx Dave,

yes we are using our loom with a split. Someone must have unplugged something in the snake, & a couple of guitars & bass went really load. Hasn’t happened since, although our sound man did the same thing today unplugging & spike happened. So that’s it issue solved, & thanks Dave for mentioning the snake.