Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Monitoring Multiple iQ speakers

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if there is any way to monitor multiple speakers at the same time ?

I currently help out with running sound at a local Pub who are about to buy a whole bunch of iQ15's. Because they will be mainly mounted at ceiling heigh, it would be good if there was a way to remotely view their input/output meters to ensure that we're not clipping any of the amps.

We will be running them from an X32 desk so can make use of the Ultranet if there are any options there.

Cheers, Calwyn
CalwynHunt Contributor - Level 2 2016-02-25

2016-02-25

Monitoring Multiple iQ speakers

Hi Guys.

Just wondering if there is any way to monitor multiple speakers at the same time ?

I currently help out with running sound at a local Pub who are about to buy a whole bunch of iQ15's. Because they will be mainly mounted at ceiling heigh, it would be good if there was a way to remotely view their input/output meters to ensure that we're not clipping any of the amps.

We will be running them from an X32 desk so can make use of the Ultranet if there are any options there.

Cheers, Calwyn

• 0 Kudos
  • 4 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Monitoring Multiple iQ speakers

I believe you can set the power light (turbosound logo) on front of speaker to light only when clipping. Im not sure that would work in your situation though.
Contributor - Level 2

Calvin,

I believe you can view input output via usb cable connected from a pc to iQ speaker.

That should work for initial set up, although you prob wouldn't want that for full time.
Contributor - Level 2

Bit short sighted?

It seems a little short sighted that Turbosound have produced these great speakers and included a remote monitoring solution, but then they've not considered that nobody ever uses just one speaker at a time. This is a real opportunity missed for us.

I've now placed an order for 16 JBL cabs instead. These have the kind of monitoring that I need.

For the future, it would certainly be a good idea if the iQ range had this functionality, ideally reported directly back into the X32 for easy monitoring.

CALWYN
Contributor - Level 2

I agree calwin. That would be nice to see everything on the x32. I thought I read somewhere that it could be coming in a future update.

I just installed 15 iQ speakers all connected via cat5e today - working good so far.