MichaelAngelo Contributor - Level 2 2018-03-08

2018-03-08

Moving channels

I am very new to the X Air so detail is appreciated. I do not have the mixer yet as I am trying to see if I can handle the software.

The first video I watched on the YouTube channel showed how simple it was to rearrange channels. Well, it appears that this video is old because I can't move anything.

Is there a way to do this on both the iPad and Mac / PC version?

• 0 Kudos
  • 11 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Break Music

Hey Paul. How could I play break music from a smart phone or tablet if I went with the XR18? I'm not seeing extra jacks for that.

Thanks for your help!
Volunteer Moderator

Re: Moving channels

Hi Michael,

I use the 17/18 which are the 1/4" jacks (lower right) and use a 1/8" stereo to dual 1/4" mono patch cord for that.

By the way, just got done doing sound for an event and had terrible problems with the older tablets (for monitor mixes) that only uses the 2.4Ghz band. They wouldn't stay connected, no matter what I did. Unfortunately there was about 7 other wireless routers nearby that were set on auto-switching channels. So they were constantly switching channels. Fortunately I had a couple of newer tablets that works on the 5Ghz band and my main FOH and we ran the show on those. In the next few weeks, I'll be getting more new tablets and retire those older ones.
Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator