NX4-6000 + 4 eighteen 8ohm subwoofers. Each sub has its own cabinet. Best way to use this amp?
Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

NX4-6000 + 4 eighteen 8ohm subwoofers. Each sub has its own cabinet. Best way to use this amp?

Hello everyone.  I have the NX4-6000 amp.  See attached picture of the back of the amp.  It’s a four channel amp with mono/stereo/bridge switch and LF/Fill Range/HF switch.  What’s the best configuration to run four 18 inch subwoofers 8 ohm each ( subs are in there own cabin). Should I run one per channel at 8 ohm each or daisy chain them and use the bridge mode at 4 ohm?  Should I use mono mode?  Think that’s for bi amping.  One last question....  if I run one sub per channel in stereo with mono signal to each channel will th LF work or do you have to be in bridge mode for LF mode to work.  Thanks for any information.  Please see attach pic.

PK
Applesauce1 Contributor - Level 2 2020-01-19

2020-01-19

Hello everyone.  I have the NX4-6000 amp.  See attached picture of the back of the amp.  It’s a four channel amp with mono/stereo/bridge switch and LF/Fill Range/HF switch.  What’s the best configuration to run four 18 inch subwoofers 8 ohm each ( subs are in there own cabin). Should I run one per channel at 8 ohm each or daisy chain them and use the bridge mode at 4 ohm?  Should I use mono mode?  Think that’s for bi amping.  One last question....  if I run one sub per channel in stereo with mono signal to each channel will th LF work or do you have to be in bridge mode for LF mode to work.  Thanks for any information.  Please see attach pic.

• 0 Kudos
  • 0 Replies