Contributor - Level 2

Nx edit advice

Bought a nx6000d and 2 b2520 pro.

I want loud sound but more importantly to know that someone i rent it wont burn anything.

Any suggestions for the nx edit setup? Im a rookie 

Thank you

Mitsaras Contributor - Level 2 2020-01-08

2020-01-08

Nx edit advice

Bought a nx6000d and 2 b2520 pro.

I want loud sound but more importantly to know that someone i rent it wont burn anything.

Any suggestions for the nx edit setup? Im a rookie 

Thank you

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Nx edit advice

Set the amp up how you like but make sure the limiter is on (-0.1db for getting the most out of the amp) also set the hold and release times to above 300ms to slowly bring down the volume and avoid any clipping.

If your speakers are not rated for as much wattage as the amps can give then set the limiter lower. You can play with the setting of load (your speakers resistance) for it to tell you the amps max wattages.

The biggest issue is the low input sensitivity which means if you send a louder signal than 0dbu into the amp you will clip the input stage and it will distort no matter what setting you put in the amp. This is bad because clipping will help destroy your speakers but it will sound bad so you should notice.

jaye smoker
Contributor - Level 2

Also once you set it up, put a password on it and lock it!

jaye smoker
Contributor - Level 2

Thank you. Thw part with the ms and the lock will help when im not there or im drunk . Appreciate it .