Highlighted
Contributor - Level 1

Q502USB recording only mono with Audacity

I can't get a stereo signal to come through to Audacity using the Windows Generic USB driver with the Q502USB mixer. I've selected stereo under recording preferences.

When I use Tracktion and the ASIO4ALL driver, I do get stereo sound on the computer, so I know there's no equipment problem.

How can I get Audacity to record stereo? Is there a specific driver for the Q502USB I can install and select in Audacity so stereo sound will come through for recording? If not, is there some other work around?

I did download an old copy of Audacity with ASIO compiled in, but I had the same problem.

I've spent several hours trying to solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

Kevin
KevinBerry Contributor - Level 1 2015-07-07

2015-07-07

Q502USB recording only mono with Audacity

I can't get a stereo signal to come through to Audacity using the Windows Generic USB driver with the Q502USB mixer. I've selected stereo under recording preferences.

When I use Tracktion and the ASIO4ALL driver, I do get stereo sound on the computer, so I know there's no equipment problem.

How can I get Audacity to record stereo? Is there a specific driver for the Q502USB I can install and select in Audacity so stereo sound will come through for recording? If not, is there some other work around?

I did download an old copy of Audacity with ASIO compiled in, but I had the same problem.

I've spent several hours trying to solve this problem. Thank you in advance.

Kevin

Contributor - Level 1

Behringer Driver Solved Problem

Behringer tech support was good enough to email me a link to drivers that easily solved the problem for my Q502USB mixer. I don't know how long these links will be valid, but at least it's known there are drivers available. These drivers work for a number of Behringer USB products.

32bit:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb8qdcng2gts8sl/BEHRINGER_2902_WIN32_2.8.17.zip?dl=0

64bit:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1x4g21ed44wuhke/BEHRINGER_2902_X64_2.8.40.zip?dl=0

Kevin