Contributor - Level 2

Routing X32 ins and outs with SD16

I equipped this venue with an X32 rack that can be controlled via tablet or phone.

I am running sound in a gallery that has multiple “rooms” (6) and I have 4 different inputs that need to be routed “at will” to any or all of those 6 outputs.

It would be extremely convenient if most of those ins and outs could go through an SD16.

i can’t get the mixer to route signals to the SD16. 

il It sounds very silly but I can’t find a tutorial that would show me where in the routing I should connect the patch points and bottom line I can’t get ANY signal out of the SD16 returns.

I need help ASAP!

please reach out 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

CMEmusic Contributor - Level 2 2019-10-08

2019-10-08

Routing X32 ins and outs with SD16

I equipped this venue with an X32 rack that can be controlled via tablet or phone.

I am running sound in a gallery that has multiple “rooms” (6) and I have 4 different inputs that need to be routed “at will” to any or all of those 6 outputs.

It would be extremely convenient if most of those ins and outs could go through an SD16.

i can’t get the mixer to route signals to the SD16. 

il It sounds very silly but I can’t find a tutorial that would show me where in the routing I should connect the patch points and bottom line I can’t get ANY signal out of the SD16 returns.

I need help ASAP!

please reach out 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• 0 Kudos
  • 2 Replies
Rising Star - Level 1

Re: Routing X32 ins and outs with SD16

@CMEmusic 

The trick is understanding the two stage routing system. First you need to assign your busses and/or channels to Outputs 1-16, Aux Out, or Ultranet. Those groups can then be routed to the AES50 out so that your SD16 will receive them. You can post your current scene file and then we can help you if you wish.

Highlighted
Contributor - Level 2

Re: Routing X32 ins and outs with SD16

Thank you @DaveMorrison  for your reply!

You’re absolutely right that’s exactly what I’m looking for how to route the signal so I can access it and forward it to other assignable outputs!

I can’t access the rack yet because I left the venue but I’ll be there tomorrow and I’ll be able to share!

thanks again