Highlighted
Contributor - Level 3

TFX122M-AN Firmware Update

I have recently purchased four TFX122M-AN speakers to use as stage monitors in my church. In the unboxing and initial setup process I noticed that they were running firmware version 1.8 and that there is a newer update (1.9) that brings "Improved ULTRANET stability".

I put the four monitors into USB upload mode, and then connected the USB to my computer. The screen flashed and nothing happened. Reading on the forums, I found out that I should run the executable through an elevated (administrator) command line. I did so, and I saw the error message "No iQ device with active USB uploader found."

I tried all four speakers, and frustratingly one actually did correctly update to v1.9 so I know I'm not completely out to lunch! Any suggestions for getting these speakers to successfully update? I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro with Windows 10.

Asclepiadae Contributor - Level 3 2019-02-15

2019-02-15

TFX122M-AN Firmware Update

I have recently purchased four TFX122M-AN speakers to use as stage monitors in my church. In the unboxing and initial setup process I noticed that they were running firmware version 1.8 and that there is a newer update (1.9) that brings "Improved ULTRANET stability".

I put the four monitors into USB upload mode, and then connected the USB to my computer. The screen flashed and nothing happened. Reading on the forums, I found out that I should run the executable through an elevated (administrator) command line. I did so, and I saw the error message "No iQ device with active USB uploader found."

I tried all four speakers, and frustratingly one actually did correctly update to v1.9 so I know I'm not completely out to lunch! Any suggestions for getting these speakers to successfully update? I'm using a Microsoft Surface Pro with Windows 10.

• 0 Kudos
  • 3 Replies

Accepted Solutions
Volunteer Moderator

Re: TFX122M-AN Firmware Update

According to the Release Notes, there was never a public release of firmware 1.8 and 1.9 was released in July 2016 (over 2 years ago). Are you certain that they don't already have 1.9? I do know there is a newer version that they are preparing to release (no idea when). So you may want to wait until this new one comes out. 

One other thing that may cause issues is if you are using a USB 3.0 port. Try using a USB 2.0 port instead.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Volunteer Moderator

According to the Release Notes, there was never a public release of firmware 1.8 and 1.9 was released in July 2016 (over 2 years ago). Are you certain that they don't already have 1.9? I do know there is a newer version that they are preparing to release (no idea when). So you may want to wait until this new one comes out. 

One other thing that may cause issues is if you are using a USB 3.0 port. Try using a USB 2.0 port instead.

Paul Vannatto, Volunteer Forum Administrator and Moderator
Contributor - Level 3

Ya they are definitely saying they are running v1.8 - don't know where that comes from, as you're right - release notes jump from 1.7 to 1.9

Good thought about the ports. The Surface Pro 6 only has the one USB 3.0 port so I'll try a different computer with a USB 2.0 port.

Other than that - useful info about the planned update. The speakers are working so I won't go crazy if I can't update them right away.

Contributor - Level 3

So I double checked today, and the units absolutely said they were flashed with firmware 1.8

No idea what that firmware is, as the release logs say nothing about it but there we go!

The USB 2.0 port did the trick - the firmware flashed to all speakers correctly, and they are now reporting they are running 1.9.

Thanks so much for your help @Paul_Vannatto!

-Philip